Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sending a courier for a kids bike
  • mrchrist

Hi,

I want to buy junior his first pedal bike* and have found a few on ebay but they are all collection from down south and in live up north.

If i can get one for a handsome price then I am happy to pay for a courier to collect it.

Has anybody else done this?

How did you go about it eg what firm, how did you arrange collection, how was it packed?

*I am looking at an isla bike. Frog’s stand over height is too big and the other options are too heavy as I or MrsChrist will end up carrying it at some and therefore want something light:)

loddrik
    Free Member

Get seller to grab a bike box from a bike shop. Put bike in box and seal it. You book Parcelforce through Send It Now for £12. Arrange with seller when someone will be available and the driver collects and brings a readily printed label. 48 hours later you have the bike.

Yes I’ve done it on a number of occasions.

timmys

Have the you tried posting a wanted ad on the “preowned islabikes for sale” group on Facebook? It’s pretty active so you might be able to find something local.

igm

Might have a Cnoc 14 available in York if you drop me an email.

mrchrist

igm – YGM

mrchrist

Have the you tried posting a wanted ad on the “preowned islabikes for sale” group on Facebook? It’s pretty active so you might be able to find something local.

No i have not. Will take a look though!

mrchrist

Get seller to grab a bike box from a bike shop. Put bike in box and seal it. You book Parcelforce through Send It Now for £12. Arrange with seller when someone will be available and the driver collects and brings a readily printed label. 48 hours later you have the bike.

Yes I’ve done it on a number of occasions.

Thanks for the advice, the exact thing I was talking about. Have asked a few people on ebay and they all seem happy for mew to send a courier.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sending a courier for a kids bike’ is closed to new replies.