• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Semi-pringled wheel – replace which bits?
  • james
    Free Member

I semi-pringled my rear wheel yesterday. it was buzzing the frame on both sides but would go round, but with moderate rubbing

Mounting the tyre on another true wheel, the tyre is very stretched. Rim in true, tyre massively out of true (spesh GC grid 2.3) To be replaced

Tensioned up, the rim wasn’t massively out of true, but out in both directions, and running up and down (can’t remember the name when its running a varying radius with the hub)

Stripping the rim from the wheels/spokes and laying on a flat surface shows it pringled, out of true by about 5mm difference side-to-side, and its no longer perfectly round, the diameter varies by about 5mm

as I understand it an ArchEX is fairly stiff in the scheme of things, so in my mind its just going to make trueing up the wheel more difficult, and less likely that it will stay true after some fairly heavy riding

So do I replace the rim?
    Do I replace the spokes now they’ve been through that? Presumably having been stretched, are they a bit past their best for some proper use (not just a local XC bike which I may end up bodging it up for)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Semi-pringled wheel – replace which bits?’ is closed to new replies.