Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Semi heretical coffee question
  • slowjo
    Free Member

I am looking for a full flavoured, reasonably strong coffee but it has to be decaffeinated and instant.

There is nowhere in the office for fancy, coffee making gadgets (apart from a kettle) hence the instant, and decaffeinated because I have an adverse reaction to caffeine.

I’m sure I’ll get a visit from the Coffee Inquisition at some stage but if anyone else has had to travel down this particular trail, I wondered whether you had found anything worth buying/drinking?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Nescaffe altarica decaff (probably spelt wrong) was the best of a bad bunch IME

Cougar

There’s one of the current crop of ‘barista-style’ coffees that have a caffeine-free version. Kenco I think it might be?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Or try something like cafetiere mug others are available

mrblobby
    Free Member

PSA for a bargain compact pod machine here. Space for one of these? I’ve ordered one to take on holidays so I can still get a half decent morning espresso.

Oh and they do decaf pods here.

MrGreedy

In the same situation at work, bar the caffeine bit, I use an Aeropress (about £25 from Amazon) and normal ground coffee with good results. I have no idea if ground decaf tastes any better than instant though so it may not be worth it in your case!

stumpy01

My Wife is currently drinking Millicano decaf. If you use a ‘normal’ teaspoon full, it’s pretty insipid.
    But if you use a very heaped teaspoon of it, or perhaps a teaspoon & a half it strengthens the flavour up & tastes OK to my uncultured palate.

nemesis
    Free Member

Millicano decaf +1

Oh, sorry, it’s not ‘decaf’, it’s ‘caff-free’ 🙄

slowjo
    Free Member

Thanks guys, plenty to go on there.

bigyim
    Free Member

Another vote here for an aeropress . great bit of kit

molgrips
    Free Member

Decaf real coffee is available and tastes fine, if you fancy trying with a cafetiere mug.

cranberry
    Free Member

Nescaffe altarica decaff

This is good*, but I can never find it when in any supermarket when I am back in the UK.

* for instant de-caff

MadBillMcMad

We use illy decaf in a stove pot.

Excellent imo

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Semi heretical coffee question’ is closed to new replies.