Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Semi Fat Crush
  • woody2000

I have a 2016 Orange Crush which is great but the stock wheels are a bit naff. I have a nice(ish) set of 26″ wheels that I bought for a bike that was nicked and I was wondering about sticking some Dirt Wizards on there and giving them a whirl. Current wheels have 2.3″ Maxxis tyres on them, would the 26″ wheels with the DWs on them be about the same size? The crush has a lowish BB already so don’t want to drop it any further.

Or am I just being daft!?

barffy
    Free Member

The immediate issue that springs to mind is clearance at the rear. I have the 2015 Crush and with a 2.3 Nobby Nic on the rear and I have very minimal clearance at the seat stays.

Sam

Would 3″ tyres be about the same size as 2.3″ tyres? I doubt it. Or is the orange 27.5? In that case, the OD would probably be similar but I expect you may still struggle for width clearance unless you have loads already.

epicyclo

Dirt Wizards are much higher volume than any 2.3″ tyre I have used.

They are a huge improvement and have transformed the feel of my my 26″ bike (Surly 1×1).

woody2000

Crush is 650B. I think clearance will be ok as there seems to be plenty of room in the back & the DWs wouldn’t end up being overly wide as I’m only using 30mm rims. I’ll have to get the tape measure out!

Sam – are the DW 3″ or 2.75″? Thought they were 2.75″, not that it probably makes that much difference!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Semi Fat Crush’ is closed to new replies.