Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Semi-blocked Camelbak hose
  • simonfbarnes
    Free Member

A while back cinnamon-girl posted about the inner liner of her Camelbak hose coming away, and I said to just trim back 10 or 15mm to get a new clean edge – however I've just noticed that about 8cm of liner is detached near the bladder end of mine, cutting the flow to a trickle, and if I chop that out the hose will be too short 🙁

On CRC, a spare hose is about £10, yet a complete bladder less than £20! I can't see the point of the liner – what's it for ?

cinnamon_girl

I assume it's to do with the lifetime warranty? It's definitely a two-ply liner.

Mine is a little short but I can't remove the bite valve to give it a good clean 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I assume it's to do with the lifetime warranty?

I don't know
    a) if the tube is covered
    b) if I still have the receipt 🙁

NZCol

Just replace it wit some normal plastic tube then ? Who cares if its 2 ply (maybe its coated or something). 1m of tube is about 80c here so you could by a lot for 10 quid.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Just replace it wit some normal plastic tube then ?

yes, I figure so, though I'm quite fond of the blue version 🙂

nbt

I didn;t have a receipt for my leaky camelbak, but I took it into my LBS. I hadn;t even bought it from them, but as I paid the postage they dealt with the warranty return and I got a brand new one back

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Simon, I'd try sending at back if I were you. They are pretty good on warranty. Where did you get it from?

poppa
    Free Member

Probably there to either stop the water tasting of plastic or to prohibit mould growth. My guess, anyway.

5thElefant
    Free Member

If you can't get your money back B&Q (etc) do plastic pipe off the real for a few pence (which is what I've used in the past).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

They are pretty good on warranty. Where did you get it from?

High Peak Cycles (80 miles from here), which has since changed hands. I'll try contacting Camelbak.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh. I got mine for CRC and they sent me a whole new Camelbak rather than just a bladder.

Actually, I might have a spare (used) hose you can have if you get stuck. Let me know, eh? 🙂

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

IIRC internal diameter is a non standard size, but I might be wrong. I've got a spare used hose (which is just a bit longer than the one I'm using) if you're desperate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thanks for the kind offers, but I've found an old (pre lifetime warranty) punctured bladder with an intact hose 🙂 I knew it would come in handy one day…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh good. Glad you're sorted. 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Semi-blocked Camelbak hose’ is closed to new replies.