Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Semenuk's unReal segment
  • rocketman
    Free Member
    Rorschach
    Free Member

Just meh

bikeneil
    Free Member

Doesn’t do owt for me.

bigjim

A very welcome change from usual slo-mo hacking down the sides of steep dusty desert hills.

z1ppy

Apparently I’m dead according to STW, as I didn’t get excited (well except for out the track, which looked excellent)

robgclarkson
    Free Member

lol wut…. it’s effortless, perfect, awesome music and all in one shot… meh/doesn’t do owt for you… madness

it’s bloody brilliant is what it is

dragon
    Free Member

Everything wrong with modern mtbing in one video

(1) Drive to top of hill in a great big pickup – check
    (2) Dig ugly scar on a hill to make jumps – check
    (3) Groom the track to the point of nearly being tarmac – check

It’s like mtbing has gone up it’s own ars* hole and forgotten what it’s about.

z1ppy

lol wut…. it’s effortless, perfect, awesome music and all in one shot… meh/doesn’t do owt for you… madness

See I can admire his ability (same as anyother sport) without feeling a need to whoop and holler… basically what Dragon said +1, as it has nothing in common with the riding I do…

nach
    Free Member

That’s gorgeous.

I got to watch it on a fast internet connection in 4K, but even so the segment on the DH bike is absolutely ruined by compression artefacts. Even with a drone tracking him, I wonder if they did a bunch of cropping to make some of it look like a tighter shot.

AlexSimon

snot a drone.

tis a truck with a super-stabilized camera on.

dragon will hate the fact they dug a second ugly scar for the truck.

_tom_
    Free Member

Saw it earlier, so awesome.

It’s like mtbing has gone up it’s own ars* hole and forgotten what it’s about.

I think that’s more appropriate to a lot of whats posted on this forum than in the video.

honourablegeorge

Very meh to me also.

If you want blown away, the end segment of “Builder” is worth a watch. I doubt anyone will ever ride like that, but it’s flat out amazing.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I like that. The lush green of the grass against the brown of the dirt, the way the track flows, all lovely. Think I will download the whole film for a watch.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It was alright, excellent riding as expected but the fact it was a single angle, while cool initially, detracted from it for me- where were the big views of a beautiful place? People having fun?

Music was top notch which makes a nice change from the usual bike film.

Trimix
    Free Member

I liked it.

I liked the fact that mtb’ing can cut a scar in the landscape for the pure fun of it 🙂

MSP

I normally don’t like the dirt jump sections on mountain biking videos, they all seem rather samey and doesn’t relate to what I do, even though I admire the athleticism it just doesn’t get my juices flowing.

So it was with that in mind that I watched this expecting to wonder why Brandon hasn’t made enough money yet from this dirt jump business to be still borrowing his sisters jeans.

But I really liked it, it was just nice and chilled flowing riding, music fitted the flow, what’s not to like.

saxabar
    Free Member

Love it 🙂 Cruisy, stylish, fun and oh so sublime… the sensation of effortless perfection at dusk. I’ll never be able to ride like that, but I have a few runs logged in mind where everything just works.

nickc

What saxabar said, sums it up perfectly for me

(2) Dig ugly scar on a hill to make jumps – check

Bore off, every single trail or track you ride is caused by human activity

wiggles
    Free Member

He was injured and only did one full run first take…

Makes it all the more impressive.

nach
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    snot a drone.

tis a truck with a super-stabilized camera on.

Ah, my bad. Also didn’t make sense they’d crop and scale up to 4K. Shame what youtube’s encoding does to some bits of video.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I liked it, felt very clean in one shot and that is one of my favourite songs!

Didn’t really show off Brandons talent though but I guess you see a little when he casually pushes off that drop while hopping on his DH rig.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m firmly in the “meh” camp too. Obviously brilliant riding, nicely shot but it bears absolutely no resemblance to mountain biking as I know it. Also, the continuous wide shot removes any sensation of speed and a lot of scale.

Maybe in the context of the whole “movie” that sequence might tie in nicely but it in isolation it’s little more than a nice clip.

Watching anyone dirt jump (with the possible exception of Lacondeguy) just bores me.

ads678

I’m in the wow camp also, i’d rather watch that than xc or cx any day of the week, and I can’t ride DJ for shit!!

bigjim

Clearly someone needs to make a slo-mo video of a middle aged Audi driver flumping down a red trail centre descent on their 160mm full sus carbon enduro bike and then going on stw to complain how it doesn’t turn properly or something to keep you lot happy

scotroutes

As a piece of art it stands up well. Beautifully shot, nicely paced, well-matched soundtrack but in the broad church that is Cycling, it has as much relevance to me as a circus act.

AlexSimon

lol bigjim
    I loved the filming technique and also the riding technique – a lot to learn from.

wrecker
    Free Member

Brilliant. Lovely change of pace from the slow mo – dirt flying up – heavy rock music stuff.
    Aren’t all trails just ugly scars on hills?

edward2000
    Free Member

There is no pleasing some people.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m firmly in the love it camp. it’s spectacular.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

There are very few original short films in our sport…this is one. Wonderful. Nobody cares if you don’t like dirtjumping or groomed trails.

mikey74
    Free Member

Dig ugly scar on a hill to make jumps – check

I think the landscape will survive.

I saw it earlier and whilst I don’t usually like dirt jumping segments in films, this is certainly one of the best I’ve scene.

Edit: Oh, and it’s such a joy to see a biking clip without any slo-mo.

peter1979
    Free Member

I thought it was brilliant, he’s got some serious skills. How he casually picks up the DH bike and jumps off the drop-off and on to his bike at the same time. Looks effortless. I can’t belie how anyone who enjoys biking could not like it. It might not be the type of biking you do, but it’s surely the pinnacle of skills and talent on a bike in a well filmed clip.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Can’t believe we had to wait 20 posts for someone to chime in with the hackneyed “you can’t ride that well therefore you cannot express an opinion on why you dislike it” trope.
    I hav’nt seen anything I really liked since ‘between the tapes’ or ‘the collective’.The genre itself has become so cliched it’s hard to take some of the “edits” 🙄 seriously at all.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Enjoyed the clip, and it’s definitely not the type of riding I do but is I think relevant to “the spirit of mtb-ing” in that it’s pretty much what most kids think they’ll end up riding like 😀

deviant
    Free Member

Loved it.

Not usually a fan of DJ or slopestyle but the scenery, his sublime smoothness on a bike, the ace choice of song etc was beautifully put together.

The part where he swaps bikes and mounts the DH bike midair as he drops in is just mind boggling!….like you see skateboarders do but I’ve never seen a MTBer do it before. 😯

matt_outandabout

Is it slowed down for more floaty effect?

spw3

I wondered that too – it has an almost Lazy Sunday feel. Very impressive for a track that would have me inhospitable within the first 200 yds.

BTW anyone know the music track they used?

irelanst
    Free Member

It’s a long walk to get his truck back.

MSP

BTW anyone know the music track they used?

Buffalo Springfield, for what it’s worth

ferrals
    Free Member

I enjoyed, primarily for the general feel and the music nice to use such a classic track. No interest in dirt jumping myself but it’s impressive to watch. Most mtb videos are rubbish, the only ones I normal watch are replays of competitions, or just chainspotting on you tube. From that if there is a mix of riding types I’d be interested to see the whole video.

nickc – Member
    Bore off, every single trail or track you ride is caused by human activity

Apart from the miles of epic singletrack caused by sheep and other animals in environments much like in the video you mean?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Semenuk's unReal segment’ is closed to new replies.