Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Selling Vinyl LP's – best way to obtain a good price and know there value?
  • scud
    Free Member

Hi all

I have around 80 vinyl LP’s which i inherited from a neighbour, mostly Bowie, Clash, Joni Mitchell, Parliament and a lot of funk and soul. I have listened to everyone and digitised the vinyl or bought the CD instead if it was something i really liked.

The vinyl is sat there gathering dust. So what is the best way to find out what it is worth and to sell it on?

Cheers

zbonty

Define ‘best’ I suppose.

Either eBay/Discogs. Will take a lot of time. Condition is key. Sounds fairly run of the mill rock/pop stuff so not big bucks. Seeing as you digitised it you could mail a list to some shops/dealers to gauge interest. Move it on as one lot, job done if I was you.

redstripe
    Free Member

agree, try and shift job lot to a shop/dealer or car boot it in the summer. Trouble with selling on ebay individually is they never go for much unless really rare and good nick, and the cost of record packaging and posting makes it uneconomic and puts people off

jekkyl

*their.

al2000

Discogs is worth a look, as at the very least you’ll get a good idea of value and desirability.

rewski
    Free Member

I sold a fair amount on discogs, it’s slowed down big time now, even worse on ebay, got fed up with trips to post office and weird Austrians moaning about record conditions. Collectors want rare and mint.

jekkyl – Member
    *their.

From the man who spells his name wrong

alexonabike

I might be interested in a few. Any chance of a list?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Have you got a vinyl shop nearby? I took a box of 12″ singles into our local shop (Record Collector, Sheffield) and they gave me a great price for the whole lot. Made me think I’d missed something valuable – but the price was good and hassle minimal so I snapped their hand off.

Unfortunately Richer Sounds is further down, so my vinyl sale kicked off a Sonos addiction!

jekkyl

I would have had Jekyll if someone else hadn’t had it first 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Prices appear to be constantly dropping on discogs, but it’s still the best way to Sell vinyl I reckon.

Selling about one or two records a month at the moment and have about 20 or 30 listed. Usually get more than I paid (albeit 20 years ago).

scud
    Free Member

Alexonabike where you like list sending?

alexonabike

email in profile please! or post it on here so other can have a look?

slimjim78
    Free Member

yep, would also be keen to buy a few. Bowie included.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Another interested person

Timbod1975 at Googlemail dot com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Selling Vinyl LP's – best way to obtain a good price and know there value?’ is closed to new replies.