Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Selling suspension forks on eBay question
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

I’m not going to put a link as I bet many thought I may….I’m selling some forks and put them on for collection only as I’m acutely aware of the issues with the likes of couriers not transporting them- or so I assume based on the Royal Mail thread of some time ago… Anyway I’m getting messages asking how much to post here there and bloody everywhere.
    One was to have them posted to a storage unit in Surrey as the ‘enquirer’ is out of the country until December and he seemed too persistent when I said about the potential issue…..to the extent I suspected potential for an eBay/PayPal ” forks didn’t appear refund” scam…..
    So STW am I right to be cautious or is there a preferred courier for forks so I can perhaps get the forks out my way with minimum hassle.

riklegge

Probably right to be cautious, however when I had an issue with a missing hope breakset sent via Hermes, I managed to get a refund quite easily (I did pay for the insurance).

Suggsey
    Free Member

There is what seems a genuine potential buyer that was willing to pay the pay now price if I could post them……I have said I will deliver for the cost of my diesel up to 50 miles…..I sometimes think that’s why I have a hoard of spares because I got fed up with eBay/postage issues and time wasters.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Do not post to the storage init. That is an all too common scam!

riklegge

I think if you use a credible courier then most of the time there’s no problem. I’ve sent dozens of items over the years with only a very small number of issues. However it’s worth bearing in mind that Royal Mail won’t send anything that is pressurised, and sometimes refuse to send suspension forks / shocks.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Forks are easy to post! Tf tuned would be out of business otherwise. Parcelforce are fine. As are myhermes, and loads of others. Price it insured.

kerley
    Free Member

Agree, Parcelforce are fine – have used them 100’s of times. Make sure you cover up to the actual price of the item.

If you really want collect only then I have found you need to put it in big red capitals to avoid the ‘can you post it questions’. Still get some even then but very few and just ignore them.

gibbonarms
    Free Member

Postage through myhermes and parcelforce insured have both worked fine for me, sending and receiving.

The only issue I’ve had recently was when buying a set of forks off ebay, they arrived, looked fine, but on stripping the lowers off for inspection they were absolutely goosed with snotty oil (on one leg, none in the other) and heavily scored stanchions. Luckily the seller was apologetic and great with the return.

If buying always drop the lowers and inspect ASAP upon arrival, and if selling, make sure you’ve stripped, inspected and photographed should the buyer want to be awkward about anything like that later on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Selling suspension forks on eBay question’ is closed to new replies.