Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Selling our house. Pain in the neck.
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If you stick it in at £75k fixed with a new agent I fancy your chances of joining your beloved ones before Christmas!

+1
    New agent, new pictures, new Rightmove listing dating from next month- Punters won’t know it’s the same house!

skids
    Free Member

3 beds starting under 50k in that area, no wonder you having trouble

Trekster

jekkyl – Member
    mate, that is a cracking house for 80 grand. 3 bedroomed! people living in London must look on the north with great envy.

Nope, they are selling up and buying/renovating properties up here therefore causing issues because “locals” cannot compete with cash buyers…..
    People in London(the South) earning enough to buy/own mega bucks properties who then sell up and move North sacrificing “culture” for the “country life” are consequently causing issues with property prices up here in the North where “locals” on low wages(low cost of housing)cannot compete when looking to upgrade in the housing market. Nothing new there really.
    There is a big issue in Scotland where in the low wage areas people relocating from the South for economic reasons i.e. “Free Heath care etc are beginning to cause problems re housing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FuzzyWuzzy

Looks fine to me, although some of the photos are a bit strange, I kept trying to scroll down to see the floor :p

Have you talked to the estate agent and have they offered any advice? Do they think £80k is reasonable? Are there many houses on the market locally? If that’s top whack for the area then it’s bound to take a while to sell.

hooli

House looks OK to me, does need a few small things doing but nothing major and wouldn’t put me off.

I don’t know the area but I just did a Rightmove search for 3 miles around your house and it shows me 52 3 bed houses that are all cheaper than yours. I appreciate yours has the view etc but some of them are 30k cheaper – that’s hard to argue with.

Any chance you can rent it for a bit until things settle down a bit? I expect it is costing you a fair bit living in the separate houses anyway, not to mention being away from the family.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

user-removed
    Free Member

Thanks hooli. Renting the place out is a possibility but it’s got to the point where I just want to get rid and move on with my life.

I miss my family!

Also, we kind of need to sell the place in order to raise a deposit for a new house.

franksinatra

I seem to have missed something here, is it not on RightMove? Is that not a bit like running an internet business that doesn’t appear on Google?

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – it is on rightmove.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

People in London(the South) earning enough to buy/own mega bucks properties who then sell up and move North sacrificing “culture” for the “country life” are consequently causing issues with property prices up here in the North where “locals” on low wages(low cost of housing)cannot compete when looking to upgrade in the housing market. Nothing new there really.

Except in the North East…

And of course, house price inflation in the South East has nothing to do with folk moving from the regions for work, does it…

user-removed
    Free Member

Well, we sold the place for for just about what it’s worth, despite the location, weird photos etc.

Just got to find a house in Aberdeenshire now! Can’t wait to go home.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Well, we sold the place for for just about what it’s worth,

Great…did you get what you wanted? Good luck, as there’s a way to go yet. Beware the post survey price hit, which is a common tactic.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheersmin. Yes, we did that ourselves – found damp in the back wall and had to fix it so reduced the offer.

No, we didn’t get what we wanted but we did get what it’s worth I think 🙂

Which is a good deal less than we bought it for… Market forces and stuff innit.

renton
    Free Member

Fair play mate at least you can get to be with your family now !!

user-removed
    Free Member

Thanks renton. Enjoyed the first few months of having the place to myself but it eventually gets to you. Missed the first day of school and the loneliness creeps up on you.

renton
    Free Member

I know that feeling mate. Not nice at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Selling our house. Pain in the neck.’ is closed to new replies.