Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Selling old CDs and DVDs.
  • lotto
    Free Member

All my music is MP3 now and I no longer want old movies. What is the best way to offload them for some cash? Not expecting a lot,just something to add to the family holiday fund.

smatkins1
    Free Member

There are lots of sites like Music Magpie etc. But some all of the prices they offer are pretty low.

If you’ve got lots of stuff and just want to see the back of it its a convenient way of quickly turning into some folding money.

jon1973
    Free Member

But some all of the prices they offer are pretty low

When had a look at this they were offering something like 9p per CD so I didn’t bother in the end.

prettygreenparrot

Aside from rarities, it seems that prices paid for used DVDs and CDs are very low. Despite the hassle, eBay offers the most reasonable return IME. Just a few weeks back I took a bunch to a local DVD reseller that included some recent releases. Not interested. I now just take them to the charity shops. Get a receipt and take advantage of GiftAid & tax relief.

richpips
    Free Member

Music Magpie have an app that enables you to scan the titles.

Copy, paste and put on ebay in one lot.

I got 2.5x what MM would have given me.

Muke
    Free Member

CEX ?

NYC101009

just sold all my old stuff on EBay – with a start price of 50p and £1.24 postage over a 7 day auction, didn’t take too long and made a fair bit of cash which was certainly more than Music Magpie…

smatkins1
    Free Member

A few car boot sales if you can be bothered?

Stick them on a local facebook group selling page?

Stick the lot on Gumtree/eBay/Amazon/free cycle.

Glue it all together to make a stegosaurus and sell it as art?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Selling old CDs and DVDs.’ is closed to new replies.