Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • selling items that need servicing that is no longer available..OK?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180350215137&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123
    the reason it was bought seems highly unlikely.
    kind of annoys me as I wouldn’t do it
    is this buyer beware or just me being too ethical?
    seen various bikes recently on ebay “bigging up ” the Romic. kind of feel they just hope to shift something soon to be useless to people less in the know.
    Someone recently sold a 5 spot on ebay for 1600 quid …I believe mainly cos of sales pitch …and of course the romic was highly promoted. I can’t believe they don’t know.
    Yours
    the cynic
    Billyboy

DickBarton

What do you know that others don’t? Why wouldn’t you buy that if it fitted your requirements?

dr_adams
    Free Member

er… yes can you advise me of the make? never heard of them? would trat them as any other unknown brand?

julianwilson
    Free Member

can you not get romic serviced anymore then?
    shame, always heard ok things about them.

thepodge
    Free Member

hyped item sells for more than market value… welcome to advertising

i’m sure some one could service it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You’re “sure” thepodge?

WTF is that worth? That’s the point of the thread.

johnners
    Free Member

It’s an auction It’s worth whatever somebody bids.

kaiser
    Free Member

As far as I know Stendec were the only people in this country who serviced the Romic (btw it’s by no means an unknown make)and last time I contacted them they said they could no longer get spares/seals etc and so would no longer be doing them. Also ..look on MTBReview …seems even in the states where Romic were made it’s touch and go. If anyone knows different please let me know!!!!!

solamanda
    Free Member

What are you on about, lots of things are sold without spares being available. Infact it makes it more sensible to sell, as a good working used unit is a good option if you can’t get a shock serviced.

Maybe we should ban the sale of old cars too.

mildred

Buyer beware.

The seller isn’t making any claims, just stating from which bike it’s been removed.

I think only a muppet would bid on something, or buy an item they know nothing about. At £30 its seems reasonable enough (especially now prices seem to have rocketed for everything bike orientated).

firestarter
    Free Member

whats wrong with a five spot going for 1600 surely depends on spec. Unless of course it was a frame only

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘selling items that need servicing that is no longer available..OK?’ is closed to new replies.