Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Selling house advice the buyer trying it on with quotes for roof repairs
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

I’m not going to string them along lol

I don’t need to go to their level but there are some cheeky buyers out there.

Rental route looks ideal if it works out. 🙂

bruneep

Now they want £4000 off as the boiler looks a bit old

Can I get a refund on my wife

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Can she cook?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Can I get a refund on my wife

hmm, is she fit for purpose ? 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

I was a tad wary of the roof on my place when we bought it, we asked for 2K for some work that needed doing. They refused, we ummed and ahhed and decided to accept defeat and bought it. It did need a few roof items fixing and it did end up leaking, despite the surveys they had done claiming it was fine, but it wasn’t 2K’s worth and it was a bargaining chip that made them relent on other things so it wasn’t a total loss.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

@coffeeking – if there is something wrong with the house then I agree you should compromise, but if they make up random repair figures on the spot – no way!

Well I had viewings booked for potential tenants today and next week then suddenly the estate agent rings me as the buyer is coming in on Monday to sign up for our agreed price.

Well I’m taking it with a pinch of salt as while I like to be positive, I think the buyer will pull out or try it on again before contracts are done.

Getting a gas certificate done next week for them and I can use it as a landlord should they change their minds again. 🙂

bruneep

Can she cook?

To be fair, she’s nae bad.

is she fit for purpose

She was fit for purpose!

Hence the trade in for younger model…….

Luv ya really dear. xx

Frankenstein
    Free Member

My Father has the same joke, except the boiler will hear and walk by and clout him with a Cosmopolitian…

Old Boilers are dangerous to the owner’s health. 😆

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Have a look on the housepricecrash forum, some horror stories about renting out!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Like anything, there is good and bad.

I’ve rented out before and had 1 dodgy and loads of good tenants.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Sold!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Selling house advice the buyer trying it on with quotes for roof repairs’ is closed to new replies.