Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Selling house
  • bruk

Thinking about moving house. Looking at estate agents and wondering which pack of lying, conniving shysters to consider.

2 lots have given similar values for our house. Is there any advantage in going with the ones selling the property we are interested in because it may aid in our pursuit of our chosen next house.

Good news stories preferred as I am sure there are lots of horror stories out there.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Choose the estate agents that will sell your house most quickly, not the one that is selling the house you want.

NZCol

I always look for the one that has the largest number of comparable properties in the area and use them. Seems to work as anyone they show other properties to will normally see yours as well, and only one person can buy a house so there are always disappointed buyers…

onehundredthidiot

There are stats somewhere that will tell you average time a house is on the books. I used this and a review website (with pinch of salt) and looked for one reasonably close to my flat. Turns out I know the boss of the office, although i didn’t know that at time of choosing.

At the end of the day they all pretty much charge the same for putting your details onto a pro forma and punting it around various www sites. Really enjoyed the Homesellers report. £500 for 20 minutes work, Nae shabby.

bruk

Cheers, goes with gut feeling of picking the right agent who seemed to know the local area and market.

Weren’t planning to do this till next year but have seen a very nice house. Not the end of the world if we don’t get it but better than anything else we have seen. Or more accurately the better half has seen it now and thus we need to buy it.

teef
    Free Member

Is there any advantage in going with the ones selling the property we are interested in because it may aid in our pursuit of our chosen next house.

Just gives them more scope to spin you a pack of lies to keep you sweet

hora
    Free Member

Each area will have a dominate agent. I’d see if you could spot that one first. In my area you always see one agents boards out the most, their name on most of rightmoves advertising etc etc. Plus when I bought my house they were the agents and were very on the ball. Quick and polite.

bruk

Was worried if we went with same agent as the house we were interested in then they may well just have more info to spin us out too.

Doesn’t seem to be a dominant agent in the area, not many house up for sale in our local area.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Selling house’ is closed to new replies.