Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Selling DSLR gear – any suggestions where?
  • stevemorg2

having had some pretty sound advice (a lot of it from STW) I've finall decided to get rid of my DSLR kit (Konica Minolata 5d based) and breplace it with a Canon G11.

Has anyone got any recommendations for good places to sell it? Obviously ebay is an option – and I'll probaby post it on here as well but some of the photograhy sites seem to want 100+ posts before you can put something in their classifieds.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

You could try AVforums, but they have very stringent rules and make sure you read them to avoid falling foul of the zealous mods

Another option is trading your kit in with someone like Mifsuds,London Camera Exchange, Ffordes etc etc.
    Buy a copy of Amateur Photographer, comes out weekly on a tuesday, loads of adverts at the back

Don't reckon the Camera will fetch much, but the lenses will fit modern Sony DSLR's and might get a fair price for them
    Gumtree is another outlet that could be worth a shot or one of the numerous free ad papers.

Not sure if there is a Sony users forum, but got to be worth a google

Ebay is the obvious choice, but becoming very expensive and heavily geared towards buyers. Good in one way, but there seem to be a lot of people trying it on and has put me off a bit (lot)

Other than that I don't really know, but good luck and enjoy your new camera

5thElefant
    Free Member

The kit you have will sell really well on ebay (the body will fetch £145 by itself). Just sell what you have separately.

Dyxum is the big sony forum but kit sells for more on ebay. I'd be amazed if you don't pretty much break even with the kit you have, it's all sought after stuff.

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Steve,
    What lenses have you got? Ive got a Sony A200 so if they are compatible I might be interested 8)

stevemorg2

Smudge – I've got this lot to sell

KM 5D DSLR. Boxed, complete with KM 18-70 lense (with jessops uv filter fitted from new), spare battery and Sandisc Ultra 2 @GB CF Card, i-pro 1GB card and Sandisck 128mb CF Card
    £220 posted

Lowepro TLZ mini case (ideal for the above)
    £20 posted

Minolta HS3600 flash (compete with Stoffen diffuser)
    £85 posted

Sony 18-200mm zoom,complete with jessops uv filter (fitted from new)
    £205 posted

KM 28mm 2.8 – complete with Hoya Skylight filter
    £50 posted

Lowepro Nova 4 AW kit bag
    £40 posted

5thElefant
    Free Member

Steve, if smudge isn't interested email me a picture of the 28mm. My email is my user name @googlemail.com

Cheers,

Simon.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Sandisck 128mb CF Card

wooo! My camera would fill that in 2 seconds 🙂

heihei

Steve -you dead set on the G11? Just got the Lumix GF1 with the 20mm and I reckon it's an awesome camera. Whilst I've not tried the G-series from Canon, it compares very well with my Nikon D90 for speed (focus, shutter lag etc) and pic quality, and far outperforms my Nikon compact.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Stay away from camera shops when selling stuff. In my experience they'll offer peanuts and washers for it.

stevemorg2

28mm sold on AVforum – sorry

5thElefant
    Free Member

No problem. Not surprised at that price!

Raindog
    Free Member

Why don't you just post it on the classifieds on here instead of the chat forum ?

stevemorg2

Raindog – yes – I intend doing that but my OP was about where to sell it- Smudge asked what I was selling!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Selling DSLR gear – any suggestions where?’ is closed to new replies.