Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Selling cars abroad
  • the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

I am living in france now and am going to sell my english van over here to buy a french car.
    Has anyone sold a car abroad? If i eventually find a buyer (given its a right hand drive) do i need to sort any export forms out or is it as simple as just ‘thanks for the cash, heres the keys’?
    Thanks

orangespyderman

do i need to sort any export forms

You need to export it from the UK to France whether you sell it or not. Afterwards it’s just a case of selling it like any other French reg. car in France (albeit with low value because RHD)

mikedabear
    Free Member

Been there mate. No one wants them, you’re better off bringing it back to the UK to sell. Either have someone sell it for you or use the buy any car companies.

mugsys_m8

You have to have a control technique (and one that is no older than 6 months I think) to sell a car in France….at least I know you do for a French car. If you need one for a UK car you might struggle…. Sell it in the UK

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Thanks,
    Unfortunately (only in this case!) we live in gap, southern alpes, so it’s a long trek back to the uk to sell a £1000 van.
    Hopefully will find someone who wants it for spares as it works ok.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Selling cars abroad’ is closed to new replies.