Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Selling car Privatly – what do I need to consider?
  • darrenm
    Free Member

Hi all,

I am after advise on the best way to sell my 07 focus estate. Basically I’m getting a company car so need to generate cash from the transaction, as have no need to part-ex.

My options seem to be to try and sell to the trade or through autotrader. I know one is likely to make me more than the other, but I am concerned about the risks through a completely private sale.

Any real life experience welcome.

Thanks

dooosuk
    Free Member

Autotrader adverts are expensive.
    You could list your advert for free on Gumtree
    Or have lower costs selling on Ebay or Pistonheads.

Alternatively, if you want the least hassle. Get a WeBuyAnyCar quote.

poonprice
    Free Member

Selling privately will allow you to get a better price, try eBay first over the Autotrader as its cheaper. If there isn’t anything wrong with the car then your not likely to have any comeback.

Always check and check again the money and ideally try and get a note tester even if its one of those pens. You don’t want a handful of dodgy £20 or £50 notes.

A trader will sting you on price a little as they will need to make some profit and WeBuyAnyCar will shaft you.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iolo
    Free Member

Stick a for sale sign in the window with how much you want for it, telephone number, whatever other info – fsh, mot expiry etc.
    Park it in a prominent position and wait for the phone to ring.

Moses

Darren,
    Where are you based & how much are you after?
    That’s the sort of car I’m looking for.

mail on profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Selling car Privatly – what do I need to consider?’ is closed to new replies.