Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Selling bike brochures on Ebay- why?
  • hora
    Free Member

Am I missing something? I was browsing through ebay looking for any interesting frames/etc and hit on one as brochure sale.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cycling-/7294/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=bikes+brochure

Something sinister? Is there a market for them?

MSP

i can see a market for old ones, nostalgia and all that, but most of those seem quite recent.

hora
    Free Member

I know/exactly.

cynic-al
    Free Member

People exist to buy any shit.

binners

If ebay teaches us anything, its that there isn’t a single solitary thing on all gods earth, no matter how weird or pointless, that someone won’t buy

geordiemick00
    Free Member

agree with Binners….

Also, If I had a bike shop and a responsible attitude to recycling (i have neither) then I’d flog them to some nostalgic type that has more money than sense…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

People exist to buy any shit.

mate of mine got £10 for an empty Nintendo game box. That means two people were prepared to pay £9 for it

slowmart
    Free Member

E bay leads to some interesting behaviour which goes past acquiring a bargain.

I’ve sold stuff for more than you could have bought it for.

WTF.

Cougar

mate of mine got £10 for an empty Nintendo game box. That means two people were prepared to pay £9 for it

I suspect that’s a case of Unable To Read Syndrome. It’s quite common. I’ve seen people pay £100’s for iPhone boxes. Imagine their disappointment, etc.

Legoman
    Free Member

Why?

1) Because there’s a market for them
    2) Free ebay listing every other weekend = no loss if they don’t sell
    3) The alternative is chucking them in the recycling

I’ve listed/sold a couple recently. I don’t really care why people want them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Right….. The brochures are FOR SALE. Nobody has actually bought them….. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

I suspect that’s a case of Unable To Read Syndrome

No its “I’ve been burgled and I plan to rinse my insurers for every penny I can by buying packaging for products I’ve never owned as thats all thats required to satisfy the insurance co’s request for a proof of ownership” syndrome.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Sold an old Spooky photocopied one for a tenner a few years ago.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I don’t really care why people want them.

Amen to that. Fact is they do.

jon1973
    Free Member

I suspect that’s a case of Unable To Read Syndrome. It’s quite common. I’ve seen people pay £100’s for iPhone boxes. Imagine their disappointment, etc.

Yes, there also seemed to be a lot of people bidding large amounts of money for a ‘picture’ of an Olympic Torch a few months back.

hora
    Free Member

No its “I’ve been burgled and I plan to rinse my insurers for every penny I can by buying packaging for products I’ve never owned as thats all thats required to satisfy the insurance co’s request for a proof of ownership” syndrome.

I’d say bingo however you can get brochures from a bike shop?

On empty boxes though- I can see why…

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got some brochures from the 90s… wonder how much they’d go for..
    (Scott, Cannondale, RM, Santa Cruz if anyone wants to make me an offer 🙂 )

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i made £60 selling four howies catalogues from 2006/7 to some design agency on ebay. catalogues that were free at the time.

if there’s a market for stuff, why not try to sell it?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Iveamate who sold the stubs, stubs not the tickets, off his Olympic Tickets (he had 4 stubs, 2 from the Pentathalon (£140 ea)and 2 from the Blind Long Jump £100ea)

He got..

Wait for it..

£385 for the 4 stubs.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Selling bike brochures on Ebay- why?’ is closed to new replies.