Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Selling advice – Alcohol
  • pearlbaz
    Free Member

I have a large collection of miniature bottles, nearly all sealed and full of what it says on the labels. I want to sell them but Ebay forbids the sale of alcohol as I’m sure many other selling sites will. Is there anywhere I can legally sell these on, or is it a no-no. Some of them were bought as mementos or from gift shops, which I’m sure are not lisenced to sell liquor.
    Drinking them is not an option (for me).

Any advice appreciated.

scruff9252

sell them at £4 a pop outside the school gates?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Make advent calendars out of them?

stevied
    Free Member

Facebook groups?

stevied
    Free Member

miniature bottles – Make advent calendars out of them?

You won’t get many chocolates in a miniature bottle 🙄

pearlbaz
    Free Member

I didnt intend this as a crafty punt, you know!
    I like the school gates idea, desperate teachers eh?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Ebay forbids the sale of alcohol

Sell the bottles, contents included. That’s what other people seem to do when I looked at eBay for selling a bottle of bollinger.

Edit: maybe the rules have changed on ebay as there’s plenty on sale on the ‘beers, wines, spirits’ section.

john_l
    Free Member

You need an alcohol license to sell alcohol.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, Thought that too..

Could you not donate them?

Or just drink them over Xssshmashhh 😳

wiggles
    Free Member

Sell a picture of the bottle with a free gift 😉

Splash-man
    Free Member

Christmas presents for the unsuspecting ?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Play chess with them.

ste_t
    Free Member

In theory you need a personal license to sell alcohol. It wouldn’t stop there though as you would need to apply for a premises licence for wherever you would be storing them.

Just drink them or give them away as Christmas presents

Edit after re-reading the op; if you can’t drink them, find somebody who can. The gift shops must have a premises licence to sell alcohol, not a difficult thing to do. Think about how many corner shops there are, all need a premises licence and a DPS.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Many thanks for those who posted useful advice.

Stoner
    Free Member

nearly all sealed and full of what it says on the labels.

I like the “nearly” in there.

Adds a frisson of danger to the cheeky snifter.
    Is this a small bottle of Baileys Irish Cream before me, or Brasso?

maccruiskeen

Do you feel you’ve got a lot of value tied up in them that you need to recoup by selling or do you just need to find a good home for them? Given the time of year they’d make a good donation as a raffle prize.

(although the ‘nearly’ does make it more of a Russian Roulette kind of gamble!)

pearlbaz
    Free Member

They were a collection of my late fathers, which he acquired over the years. He would normally only keep full sealed ones-unless the bottle was rare or unusual. Some have lost some of the contents over the years,(still sealed, but don’t look full), a very small number have been opened, and I would say the contents undrinkable. The bottles may be of interest though, I guess, to a collector.

Maybe I’ll keep them and get them out when the family or friends come round – somebody may fancy a snifter !

kcal

are they worth punting to an auction site – I’m looking at Whisky Auctioneer for some bottles that have been sitting around for a while and I’m now afraid to drink – I’d rather cash them in and buy stuff to drink!

Cougar

Adds a frisson of danger to the cheeky snifter.
    Is this a small bottle of Baileys Irish Cream before me, or Brasso?

I’m trying and failing to keep a straight face in the office here, thanks for that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Selling advice – Alcohol’ is closed to new replies.