Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Selling a performance car – test drives etc.
  • dudeofdoom

Oddly I bought a Evo IV from a bloke importing them from Japan.

I didn’t actually test drive it and it actually broke down whilst he drove it with me as a passenger,I did buy it though as it was only one of the the spark packs.

Its hard to explain the Evo driving experience,you really have to drive one if you ever get the chance they really are mind boggling for the price.

I wouldn’t want to be a test pilots passenger !!!!

submarined
    Free Member

I feel your pain, it’s a bloody nightmare. I’ve sold a number of cars that are desirable to a certain demographic and every time was a total pita. I was very clear about the ‘no insurance, no ID, no drive’ status but I still had stand offs with a few people.
    In fairness I’d never buy a car without test driving, but I wouldn’t (and frequently haven’t) bothered with that unless the rest of the car checks out first. But it’s hard to be accommodating and not come across as an awkward wazzock.

Selling a 172 cup was pretty bad, but the worst was my other half’s DC2 integra. There was some serious vetting of the prospective ‘buyers’, but I still made a poor call and ended up passenger to one of the most terrifying drivers I’ve ever had the misfortune of sharing a vehicle with.

Its one of the many reasons I’ll never sell my RX7 as a whole car, and will go through the ballache of breaking it instead.

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Selling a performance car – test drives etc.’ is closed to new replies.