Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Selling a house (in Edinburgh) – how much am I going to be paying?
  • Militant_biker

So, we need to sell our place in Edinburgh – it’s been let out for 3 years, but we need to get rid. Estimate £125k

Contacted a couple of agents who have quoted £4000 and £5800 for everything (ESPC, Legal, Home Report, “marketing”, land registry etc.) Still waiting for quotes from a few more. Seems a bit eye-wateringly, but one friend who sold in Edinburgh recently said it seems reasonable. Now living down south so people’s experience here is completely different.

Obviously I’m going to try negotiating them down, but what’s a reasonable ballpark figure?

(been perusing the CAB info for Scotland, and http://www.scotland.gov.uk – any more good advice resources?)

geoffj

If you were local, you could pay for espc yourself, self market and then pay the solicitor for the conveyencing.
    The Tuesday night / Sunday afternoon block viewing is quite attractive for that, but of your not there, it’s going to be difficult.

I’ve used Leslie Deans for buying a couple of places, but not sold one yet – he was reasonable for that. He has a place in Newington, I guess location is going to be an issue.

scotroutes

Have you spoken to MOV8 yet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Selling a house (in Edinburgh) – how much am I going to be paying?’ is closed to new replies.