Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Selling a Car
  • flyingmonkeycorps

It’s already on Gumtree and will be going on local Facebook groups later on today. Out of the paid options (eBay and Autotrader I guess) is there either that’s best?

It’s a Mk2.5 Mx5.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d start with some stealth ads, see if you can get it gone for free 😉

dooosuk
    Free Member

More cars on Ebay when I was recently looking. Seems to be where the Trade place ads these days. Cheaper too if you pick the right option.

jam-bo

do a search on here, there is a fella wants to buy an mx5, easy payment terms, no fixed delivery date…

flyingmonkeycorps

I actually typed out an ad on here, but it disappeared and I had to do some work bah. It *is* a genuine question though, although if I can sell it here and donate fees equivalent or so to the mag and Jenn charities then all the better right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

😉

flyingmonkeycorps

I *wish* my hair looked that good darling.

Northwind

It’s a while since I’ve done it but last time, autotrader was mostly a waste of time, ebay worked brilliantly. But I suspect it depends on what sort of car/sale, I just wanted mine off the drive so the drawbacks of ebay didn’t bother me. In the end I got way more for it than I expected (ironically, almost as much as a non-runner as I’d hoped for and failed to get as a runner)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Depends on your market, MX-5s are non-mainstream so autotrader might not be the best plan – open an account with some MX-5 forums if you haven’t already and sell via there to an informed buyer?

Unless it’s a pup, then stick it on eBay with a vague ad.

nixie

Pistonheads maybe?

flyingmonkeycorps

Not sure if Pistonheads is a bit high end – it’s far from mint but definitely not a pup either. MX forums is a good shout though, I’m a member on a couple of those.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Something for everyone on PH, just list it if it allows you a free advert.

munrobiker
    Free Member

We ended up selling our Mk2.5 MX5 on here!

ourmaninthenorth

MX-5s are definitely mainstream!

There are loads of them for sale on Pistonheads. Def worth a try there.

definitely not a pup

Except the famous Mk2.5 corroded chassis leg issues….

GLWTS!

flyingmonkeycorps

Well yeah, apart from that!

I’ll have a look on PH, not sure if it’s a pay only service.

stumpy01

flyingmonkeycorps – Member

Not sure if Pistonheads is a bit high end

High end?!!

A colleague of mine sold his old MG ZS diesel on Piston Heads a few weeks ago. It went for about £900 so not exactly high end.

I sold my Ibiza on ebay in February or thereabouts and it was pretty painless.

flyingmonkeycorps

Just checked PH, it’s a pay jobbie – if it doesn’t sell on the freebies then I’ll get it on there.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Selling a Car’ is closed to new replies.