Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • selling a bike – payment from abroad
  • sadexpunk

on the verge of selling my moots, and its from an overseas seller (spain). hes asked for my iban no (which i think ive got) but also bic/swift codes.
    a quick google tells me natwest has a swift code of NWBKGB2L. is that the same for every account holder? and if i got swift no, i dont need bic?

so…… all he would need is that generic swift code, plus my iban no?

thanks

wallace1492
    Free Member

SWIFT and BIC codes are the same – NWBKGB2L for Nat West, the IBAN code should incorporate this at some point. That should be all you need, IBAN will also incorporate your Sort Code and Account number so that funds get direct to your account, however, there will probably be charges for this.

Obviously be careful of payments from abroad, so that you make sure they are paid for before you send goods and that it a trustworthy source/buyer.

MSP

This is the information hibike put on their website for international payments, so the whole thing should look something like this.

International bank account number
    IBAN-Nr.: DE 845125 0000 0000 305340
    SWIFT: HELADEF1TSK

Just ring your bank to confirm, no point getting it wrong for what I suspect will be a relatively large amount.

sadexpunk

thanks.

quite happy with the buyer, he seems to have been around a while buying and selling plenty on retrobike. and he has others vouching for him. he offered me the choice of paypal or bank transfer too, so not pushing for paypal gift 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘selling a bike – payment from abroad’ is closed to new replies.