Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Selling a bike or split? Pivot Mach 5.7
  • oli575
    Free Member

I have a pretty awesome Pivot Mach 5.7 with a nice build that I want to sell now, as a complete bike came up for sale at a good price that I had been on the lookout for.

Am I better to try and sell it complete do you think, on here or eBay, or sell the components separately?

Build is as follows:

Pivot Mach 5.7 frame MY11 version excellent condition, few miles on it, less than 300 odd scratch. Medium in black ano.
    Fox 34 TALAS Kashima brand new never ridden or been outside
    Rockshox Reverb 125mm bought and fitted in August this year
    Easton Haven wheelset, never ridden
    Thomson 50mm stem
    Renthal fatbars 10mm rise
    Shimano XT fitted throughout all 785 series, brakes early 2013, drivetrain new in April this year with less than 200 miles on it, set up as 1×10 clutch mech etc.but have chainrings and l/h shifter
    Rubber Queen 2.2 tubeless black chilli, brand new never been outside…

I know this looks like an advert, but I’ve never sold a bike before (apart from to mates) and as so much is mint I want to get the best price possible.

What is the best way to go?

cloudnine
    Free Member

An asking advice thread veiled as a classified ad is the best start..
    Try and sell complete.. Give a few weeks then break it

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Take a look at ebay, put the bits on a buy it now list and wait for about a week. You can then estimate what you would get.
    Remember to factor in the ebay and PayPal commission.
    in my experience some bits will go for ok Money while others go for disappointing prices.
    It’s a whole lot of packing and posting also.
    It’s a lot less hassle to sell the whole bike at a discount and move on

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ll buy the thomson stem if it’s a sensible price (and black 31.8 1 1/8)

bikeneil
    Free Member

Why are you selling such a great bike?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Top tip. When folk advise split they don’t mean split into two threads on the same subject.

MartynS

I’d love to know what your getting…..I’ve got a 5.7 and it really is the canines undercarriage.

Oh and best price is always to split the bike up if you don’t need the lump sum to fund the new purchase.

oli575
    Free Member

I’ve bought a Spicy 916, and am swapping a couple of new bits from it onto the Mach.

It’s been a nice bike but I’ve always fancied a Spicy and I find the Mach’s STA too slack now I have a reverb and climb with the saddle right up.

I have Pikes and Crossmax SX I want to fit to the Spicy.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Each to their own I suppose. No way I’d ditch a Pivot in favour of a “the peter” though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Selling a bike or split? Pivot Mach 5.7’ is closed to new replies.