• This topic has 23 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • selling a bike makes me sad……….still.
  • ton

after all these years and all the bikes, when I part with one, it still makes me a bit sad. 😕

iainc

even an Orange ? 🙂

ton

even an Orange ?

I wouldn’t even raffle one of those mate…….. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

I’ve been gutted selling the Sanderson….

cokie

In general, not bothered, but I still miss my T129..

There appears to be a Medium T129RS still for sale.. 😐

NormalMan

Not the Cotic already?

Rorschach
    Free Member

You must be sad a LOT.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yip, very sad when I sold my unused for a year Niner One 9 Scandium SS (full RDO kit and SRAM carbon cranks) but I thought I’d never use it again..

Damn if I really miss that bike.

ton

no, not the cotic.

You must be sad a LOT.

bastardo…….. 😆

tomhoward

Yeah, even bikes I’ve hated, when the deal has been done and I’m just waiting to post it/buyer to collect I’m always thinking, ‘should I tell them the deal is off’ or ‘I cooould keep it’

Except the winter road bike. Not because it was that bad, I just only ever rode it in winter (grim weather) or on the turbo (grim full stop) so hated riding it.

Kahurangi

I always hoped the new owner enjoys it as much as I do, made me sad to see it back on the classifieds a month later..

Kahurangi

Although funnily enough, all the others have either been handed down, given to charity, or broken!

eviljoe
    Free Member

Cheer up you lot, it’s not half as bad as getting one nicked.

(Pours beer, weeps into beer, checks pinkbike classifieds again)

tomhoward

Cheer up you lot, it’s not half as bad as getting one nicked.

Had that too, twice.

kerley
    Free Member

I only ever have one bike at a time so have sold a lot for bikes over the years. I am glad to get rid of them as I have gone of it for some reason and the new bike is the one I want.

Sometimes I spend a few seconds regretting a bike I sold a few years ago and in the worse cases I end up switching back to a bike I have had before but building up/swapping bikes is all part of the fun of cycling for me.

funkmasterp

I always feel a bit sad when I sell a bike too. Just sold my only one on Wednesday (bought through Ton too, but not one of his) and it’s a bit weird not having a bike in the dining room 🙁

fudge9202
    Free Member

Yep have sold quite s few but really miss the Salsa Horsethief, sold to help with wife’s medical bills which was more important but damn it was s great bike now in a position where I’m selling the Cannondale Habit that replaced it as my time is taken up caring for her post op. It’s in the classifieds and I’m miserable 😥

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve never regretted selling any bikes, and I miss none of them.

It’s about the biking, the hills, the memories and the anticipation of a new trail you’ve never rode.

ton

I’ve never regretted selling any bikes

never regretted selling any. just a bit sad for a minute or so.

it was a surly ogre. a bit wasted when i have a genesis tourer and the solaris.

got to say, the new specialized enduro looks pretty tempting….. 😀

funkmasterp

How many bikes have you actually had? 😀

I normally have one or two at a time and have gone through nine in the last six years 😯

ton

i have had more bikes than i am old…… 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

got to say, the new specialized enduro looks pretty tempting.

Oh God, here we go again. 🙄 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ton, XXL Santa Cruz Hightower has your name written all over it.

DezB
    Free Member

I was a bit sad for my Yeti, thought I might have to sell it cos I bought a 29er which I just liked riding more.
    Then, something brilliant happened! My 14 yo son decided he wanted to ride the Yeti. And boy did he ride it. Happy, not sad!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘selling a bike makes me sad……….still.’ is closed to new replies.