Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • selling 26" wheels
  • nickc

Is there actually a market for 26″ wheels at all? Or would I be wasting my time?

nickjb
    Free Member

Lots people still riding 26 but prices for second hand wheels has plummeted. I’ve picked up some real bargains and now have a load more spares than I’ll ever need. They will sell just don’t expect much money

TheDTs
    Free Member

No market at all, I’ll get rid of them for you.

kayla1
    Free Member

Yeah, the market’s dropped loads. They’re worthless. Tell you what, chief, I’ll take them off you for free and I’m cuttin’ me own froat etc…

callmetc
    Free Member

Depends if you belive everything spouted on here.

I’ve sold loads of 26 inch parts including wheels and got their true value not the STW value.

kerley
    Free Member

If they are decent wheels then yes, if they are average than not so much.

You still have to pay a fair amount for something like Hope hubs on Stan’s rims

cdoc
    Free Member

Well, I’m about to buy a pair of on one reet’ards in 26 for a my gfs bike as there don’t seem to be many secondhand ones anywhere at the moment
    If you have anything better that I could spend my 99 quid on, do let me know!

neilforrow

I’m looking for some, what you got?

kayla1
    Free Member

Search on ebay for Superstar wheels, there are usually a few pairs for around £100 or so 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

What do you have ? Once I use my spares for a new frame build I’ll need more spares. FWIW I emailed another stw-er about some straight steerer 26 forks this morning.

MoreCashThanDash

If they are decent quality, lightweight wheels, they’d be great for upgrading a kids 26″ wheel bike*, or having as a spare set for us Luddites.

If they are standard 10 year old LX or something, probably not.

*actually, what have you got?

nickc

I’ve got:

front Hope Tech Enduro on a Superstar Tesla with an almost new Minion 2.3 tubeless

Rear: Hope Tech Enduro Lime Tesla 12×142 on a Minion 2.3 tubeless.

I should probably move this to for sale…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Bought some ex-demo wheels 4 years ago for £100 (superstar hubs with EN521 rims), sold them last month for £100 in about 30 mins via classifieds.

IMHO stuff will always sell if you’re sensible with the price – lots of sellers want lots of money for second hand stuff, they seem to think they can buy something new, run it for a year and get 80% even 90% back because they’re ‘mint’. I think they’ll be waiting a long time, especially for suspension parts £400 for a second hand pair of pikes I’ve seen with so obvious wear/damage – best of luck with that.

chakaping
    Free Member

I paid about £85 for a very nice, barely used set of 26in DH wheels off PB recently – pro2 evo rear hub and Mavic rims.

You might get a bit more though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘selling 26" wheels’ is closed to new replies.