Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • sellers on the classifieds
  • bruneep

its it too much to ask if you are selling something that you take a picture of the item so that I can gauge the condition.

To say that you’ll do a pic next week isn’t really on. Wait until you taken a pic before you post on classified then.

< or is it me? >

uplink
    Free Member

I can’t see much point in listing something for sale if you can’t supply pics till next week

Why not just list it next week?

sc-xc

I’ll let you know next week how I feel about this.

brooess
    Free Member

i always take pics before i post. not once has anyone shown interest without asking for photos. easily anticipated imo

dobo
    Free Member

next week they will be on holiday, meeting the parents, its christmas, working, dog died etc.

these are early warning signs take note and move on!

that said some things dont need a picture?

druidh
    Free Member

Sometimes you gotta laugh though, eg….

BNIB – Shimano Ultegra 6700 11-28 cassette

“pics please”? 😕

nuke

Also, whilst we on on the subject of the classifieds, it is handy if you specify your location (county/town) in the advert.

Just means that if you’re trying to buy something, particularly larger objects, you can see if collection is potentially viable. Shame when they updated the website they removed the ‘location’ field that use to be under a users profile.

hitman
    Free Member

would be better if the title listed item plus price asked – saves time opening loads of posts to find out a second hand item is being sold for very close to what you can buy it for new

theotherjonv

generally agree, but for some items it’s just pointless – what do you think a new unused chain is going to look like?

Smarty
    Free Member

bruneep – I’ve sold stuff on here, and bought stuff too and I’m not sure I agree.
    For example I put an item on here with a full description, lastest model, little use etc. etc…so I put ‘pics on request’. Some guy asks for pics so I take the pics and post them but he never replys again????? Why, what the frig did he think it would look like? I sold that item to someone who never saw those pics.
    I have an example the other way, I put an ad on with pics (multiple) for an item that I described ‘as new’ condition and a full description, model number etc……some plank then asks me if I can send him pics ‘showing the condition of the item’….WTF?????????? the pics were in the ad
    I agree with theotherjonv, what do poeple think a ‘as new’ or ‘unused’ item looks like??????? just google it FFS!!!!

Rant over 😳

King-ocelot
    Free Member

+1 hitman

Smarty
    Free Member

Oh, yes + another for hitman

and the size too. How many times have you opened a for sale post of something that tickles your fancy only to find out that it’s not the right size for you 🙄

Thats all!!!

mushrooms
    Free Member

Some people seem to be anti pic for some reason, probably because it’s a pita to do but IME always get a pic no mater what it is.
    It’s a kind of conformation of spec and condition even though you don’t need it sometimes.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

When people are selling one item only – the price in the title would be a good idea, especially with those muppets who take about 6 relistings before they drop the price below the cheapest retail price. 👿

Woody
    Free Member

I’m constantly amazed when potentially buying how often you don’t get a reply from the seller, even within minutes of the item going up for sale. Then you see it re-advertised a few days later….WTF?

Hadge
    Free Member

I always have pictures ready for second-hand stuff as anyone in their right mind will want to see the condition of your items. But it beggars my belief when you list it as brand new and you get asked for pictures!
    When someone lists a wanted ad and you email them or answer them on their post and then they never reply or let you know a kind “no thanks” – that does my head in.

mmb
    Free Member

people also ask for pics so they can see you actually have the item! new or not i like to see the item in a home taken environment. you’re a fool not to! how easily do you want to be ripped off? anyone could place an ad stating that an item is bnib/unused etc and use that as a reason for not offering pics of an item they don’t actually have, pics are just common sense unless you’re a muppet!.

Woody
    Free Member

If someone was that intent on ripping you off it would be fairly simple to download pics of a similar item in a couple of minutes on ebay or flickr.

Best guarantee is a landline and only deal with people who have a good posting record, not just on the classifieds.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘sellers on the classifieds’ is closed to new replies.