Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Seller Seems to Behave Strangely – What to Do?
  • AndreyE
    Free Member

A short story version:

Bought a forks from one guy on Pinkbike, paid with PayPal goods. The forks arrived and I could immediately see that it’s not totally perfect: one of the adjustments was broken despite overall very good condition. Contacted the seller, they said forks had always worked well for them but suggested to return.

OK, I post the forks back, it arrives according to tracking and the seller confirms it and promises to issue a refund but it still has not happened. He did not reply to my recent messages on Pinkbike though had read them according to Pinkbike message system.

The question is: what to do and how long to wait before starting a dispute with PayPal? Are there any other possible courses of action?

The interesting detail is that the seller is not an average MTBer as I now know, and why he would still sell this fork is beyond me.

Any advice is more than welcome and appreciated.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

My bet is that he’s selling stolen stuff.

AndreyE
    Free Member

It does not seem to be so, the PayPal address and return postage address seem to be genuine. I don’t think this person would do that. Besides, it was an original box albeit without a manual or receipt.

Another interesting detail is that the forks was never marked as sold on Pinkbike.

legend
    Free Member

How long is it since he received the fork back? I’d generally give someone a couple of days (folk can be busy) before I’d open a dispute, but if you think something’s up then you’ve nothing to lose by starting now.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The interesting detail is that the seller is not an average MTBer as I now know

Eh?

Slogo
    Free Member

AndreyE – Member
    It does not seem to be so, the PayPal address and return postage address seem to be genuine. I don’t think this person would do that. Besides, it was an original box albeit without a manual or receipt.

Another interesting detail is that the forks was never marked as sold on Pinkbike.

POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You know him that well. Start the ball rolling with PayPal to get him to refund. You never know he might of used the money to buy gifts for Xmas.

AndreyE
    Free Member

He is not Steve Peat 🙂 But easily googlable person; I do not know him personally and he is not famous as far as I can tell. He may be busy but keeps reading my messages and not a word in reply. And the fork is still for sale on PB.

tor5
    Free Member

Easily googleable if we knew which fork it was on pinkbike maybe… Spill the beans?

AndreyE
    Free Member

I want to give it a bit more time, at least a reply to one of my messages would be good. But if nothing happens soon and the seller remains completely unresponsive then this might be an option.

jota180
    Free Member

In what way is he not an average mountain biker?

nealglover
    Free Member

In what way is he not an average mountain biker?

He isn’t a fat middle aged bloke clinging onto the Youth he missed out on because he was learning programming on a BBC micro ?

hora
    Free Member

Can you open a dispute? Do it asap

AndreyE
    Free Member

An update on my side.

Either I was too paranoid and started shouting aloud too soon or STW has some collective magic powers, but the seller just got in touch and refunded everything.

Totally happy.

Thanks a lot for all advice and support. I have serious grounds to think that it is my paranoia more than anything else so will keep other details to myself.

legend
    Free Member

Name and promote this MTB hero then 😉

iffoverload
    Free Member

not all PBers are bad 😉

renton
    Free Member

Holy thread resurrection!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Seller Seems to Behave Strangely – What to Do?’ is closed to new replies.