Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Seller protection on ebay/paypal
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

can someone please put my mind at ease and tell me that if im about to try and be scammed by a ebayer that i will ulitimately not lose out?

sold/posted a reverb to a chap in london recently, seemed friendly etc in the chat, paid via proper paypal, addresses all matched etc

i sent it parcelforce 48hr on wednesday for delivery friday, tracking has said it was delivered to a neighbour, (name and i guess the house nearby as it has a number too)

yet hes not received nor knows of said person 🙄

ive got a tracking number, matches the addresses on paypal/ebay and its eligible for seller protection

so regardless of whether hes received it or not am i covered?
    or is there some form of crap loop hole paypal will use to worm out of actually ‘protecting’ me?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Well, its possible he doesn’t know this person. Mate has a similar issue, delivery firm left his parcel a couple of doors down at the drug-dealer/dodgy bloke who’d just moved in and nobody knew about. Suffice to say, this bloke then denied all knowledge of receiving a parcel.

Can’t remember how it was resolved.

You’ve done your best to deliver parcel – tracked etc. so plus points for you, though it could probably come down to the fact it was your ‘contract’ with Parcelforce so you’ll have to sort it out. Parcelforce 48 is insured so hopefully it should be covered.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

it is possible that Parcelforce have just cocked up admittedly but regardless if I have seller protection guess I don’t need to do the donkey work of claiming? surely paypal just refund the chap and I don’t get the money clawed back?

anyone actually had to use the seller protection before?

lightman
    Free Member

You have no proof that the buyer got the item, so I can see no reason PP wont refund the buyer if they say they never got it.
    Your contract is with PF, and you will have to claim your money back from them if the buyer claims not to have go it.

I have got my money back after ordering from ebay and the items didn’t show up before the protection ran out.

daver27
    Free Member

definitely a claim with Parcelforce. Paypal will protect the buyer.

psycorp
    Free Member

eBay/Paypal have been purely buyer centric for years now. Seller protection is a complete myth in my experience.

As suggested above your only recourse is a Parcelforce claim.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

but looking at the seller protection screen, it says in order to have cover you need to send with a tracking number and have proof (I have both)

surely regardless of the buyer getting it, if it doesn’t show up I’m covered with paypal themselves?

claiming down the Parcelforce route is an option of course, but if Ive adhered to paypals seller protection criteria surely that means something??

iamsporticus
    Free Member

OK not a lawyer but as I see it your buyer bought it in good faith and doesnt have the item

You instructed PF so in my opinion its your problem to sort it with them and you should refund after a reasonable period of time to allow for the recipient to do the right thing – after all they may have gone away for a few days (yeah right)

If you were the buyer and through no fault of your own got ripped off in this scenario how would you feel?
    Besides Paypal will just refund anyway from what youve said

It does beg the question though of doing a deal with your next door neighbours the next time you buy something high value on ebay…………..

Good luck – contact PF now

scaredypants

but looking at the seller protection screen, it says in order to have cover you need to send with a tracking number and have proof (I have both)

Unfortunately, you have proof that it wasn’t delivered to your buyer

kerley
    Free Member

Just put a claim into Parcelforce. They have delivered it to the wrong person so their problem.
    They would have to prove they delivered it to the correct person which they didn’t combined with the correct person saying they didn’t.
    They should have taken it back to the depot, it pisses me off that all delivery companies just seem to leave with whoever they can find without knowing the neighbour or you relationship with them.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

And?

hammyuk
    Free Member

My neighbour for reasons known only to herself refuses to take any parcels in now even though I take them in for her so I always have to pick them up from the depot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Seller protection on ebay/paypal’ is closed to new replies.