Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • selle Italia C2 Gel Flow – opinions ?
  • iainc

I know its all down to personal fit but looking for opinions on this one. Initially for Croix de fer but if I get on with it maybe to replace the Giant one on my Defy and poss even the tatty Bel Air on the Soul.

this one

iainc

Ah well, not a popular saddle then ! 😯

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have one of those and several of the older style gel ones.

It is pretty comfy, although I think I prefer the older ones slightly.

The rails are of the newer shape so I needed a thompson seatpost I think, whereas the older ones will fit most posts.

like this old one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selle-Italia-Genuine-Gel-Vintage-ideal-for-rebuild-of-bike-/251631494546?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3a9667e592

I have one like that with a cutout on a titanium USE seatpost on my croix de fer and I get a fair amount of movement/spring out of it, making the ride more comfortable.

The newer one is possibly slightly wider, but generally the same shape.

iainc

Good feedback, thanks. Confused re seat post though, is it not standard rails ? Thanks

jules.b
    Free Member

I have one, which I fand very comfortable. It has standard rails. For a narrow racing saddle it is pretty comfy.

iainc

Thanks, will give it a go. Cheers

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I did a century ride on one of these on Wednesday and it was fine.

iainc

excellent, sounds promising for my cx/tourer and poss road bike. anyone using them on a mtb ?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The rails are ovalised on mine whereas on the older saddles they are circular, so the ovalised ones won’t fit in some of the older posts.

Ovalised is probably standard on new saddles – I am not sure.

federalski
    Free Member

I have one on my cx/road bike and find it really good,it replaced a Charge Spoon which I never quite took to.
    It seemed a little unforgiving at first but a few rides in I really took it, it is a lot more supportive than I thought it would be.

I even had it on my mountain bike for a while when I broke the seatpost on my mtb and could not be bothered swapping my couch like WTB mtb saddle onto the CX’s bike’s seatpost that I used. After 25 miles or so initially on the mtb I could feel it a fair bit over rough terrain but I got used to it over a few rides and could have stuck with it no probs before I got a new post, which says something for a road saddle.

iainc

Thanks federalski – its described as road and MTB but does look more roadie !

iainc

ordered one from Halfords so can use BC discount as well. Was very tempted by the SLR Flow, but will see how this one goes first seeing as it’s half the price 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘selle Italia C2 Gel Flow – opinions ?’ is closed to new replies.