• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LMT.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sell or not to sell??
  • LMT
    Free Member

Recently picked up my new bike a speshi camber, i have an Orange P7 which i have stripped and the frame is under the bed and wheels in the hallway forks somewhere else, just scattered all over the flat. Ive used some of the parts to rebuild OH’s bike and now she has just brought a new one.

Its a great bike, but chances of me building it up again are slim unless i can get some lighter wheels etc..do i just park it where it is or bite the bullet and sell the frame and other components i have about the place??

Hoping to get a new 29er next year and join the masses which is swaying my decision to let the P7 go, or go for the cheaper option and get some 100mm 29er forks and convert it into a 69er style bike?

Any thoughts??

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i wouldn’t bother with the half-assed option of 96er, go the full hog! 🙂

Northwind

Wait a while and see if you still love the new bike after the honeymoon period!

z1ppy

TBH I’ve got a reasonable collection of out of date stuff.. sell it now while it’s still worth money, is my advice.

LMT
    Free Member

Get the feeling the honeymoon period is over and tbh still love the ride from the speshi, today was the first time in a while ive been biking with mates and while i normally lag behind the others especially on the climbs the speshi just leaps up them. The guys joked we need to get a king of the mountains jersey just out paced them. I still lack confidence in the downhill bits, but the speshi just feels a much better bike. Obv in wet muddy conditions that may change.

I have a back collection of old bike bits as well, none of it is transferable to the new speshi except the rev forks i have which i have spaced down to 125mm, might clean it all up and sell some bits. You can only have so many bikes eh?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sell or not to sell??’ is closed to new replies.