Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sell as a complete bike or split and sell parts?
  • Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

Selling my 5 spot.

Obviously it’s less hassle selling it as a complete bike, but will I get a lot less than if I was to strip the bike down and sell the parts individually in the classifieds/ebay?

How much do you reckon the bike/the frame will fetch? It’s a 2005 HL 5 spot, had new pivot bushings in November 08 and the shock and forks serviced by mojo around 8 months ago.

PePPeR

What size is it Mr Krabbs?

Mr_Krabbs
    Free Member

It’s a medium.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you find the right buyer then sell the whole bike.

I recently split my Pitch up to sell, considering the Spec, (only frame & brakes were OE) the best offer I had was £1k, I sold the frame, forks, extra shock & joplin for £750.

Got to keep Hope Hoops, XT/SLX & X7 Drive Train, Sunline cockpit, Hope Headset and other blingy bits, & brakes to fit on my new frame.

In that respect I found splitting much better

timbercombe
    Free Member

I always think splitting’s the best option if you can be bothered.
    You can charge roughly 25% more than if it’s as a whole bundle. I.e. you might think the full build’s worth £1000 (just taking numbers not true in this case perhaps) so your talking maybe £300 of that is for the frame, £250 for forks £200 for wheels etc.
    Well if you split you might get £400 for frame etc. so on and so on. Don’t know if this makes sense but on the whole you may have to wait for it all to sell and won’t sell chain and perhaps cassette, but you’ll make more money than the whole bike even if you don’t sell all the bits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sell as a complete bike or split and sell parts?’ is closed to new replies.