Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sell 26" Hope hoops compete, or cut Evo hubs out and sell? …
  • Poopscoop

Not a Stealth ad.

Been looking at prices and as much as it pains me I am wondering if financially I am better just cutting the Hoops apart and selling the Evo hubs by themselves?

After factoring in postage too?

Seems such a waste though!

amedias
    Free Member

After factoring in postage too?

Seems such a waste though!

Sell them locally to someone who will use them?

martinhutch

What are the rims?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Poopscoop

Yeah,I don’t do the FB thing but could use Guys I guess.

EN 521… I “think”

timbur
    Free Member

I’ve got the same situation with some CK hubs.
    Prob worth more to split.
    (edit)

Poopscoop

Sorry Mods. Genuinely wasn’t a sale add.

Yep, black hubs…

Best to mail me on “that” subject mate. 😉

Keeps this thread clean and to subject at hand. Don’t want to annoy anyone.

antennae
    Free Member

Had a few of these in my last clearout.

I removed the hubs to sell, and donated the rims to a local bike recycling charity.

Poopscoop

Ah, that might be a good idea mate!

twonks

Seems ridiculous to think that you could get the same/more for hubs alone than wheels.

Surely if they were sold as wheels complete for the same you’d sell the hubs alone for (assuming the spokes to be cut and rims given/thrown away) then why not just price them as that and stick in the advert what they can be built up to.

It isn’t difficult for the buyers to use a pair of old cable cutters if needed.

Or, if it’s an ebay advert, sell and pushe them as hubs with ‘free’ rims and spokes 😆

stevied
    Free Member

Make coat hangers out of the rims?

drewd

Seems ridiculous to think that you could get the same/more for hubs alone than wheels.

Surely if they were sold as wheels complete for the same you’d sell the hubs alone for (assuming the spokes to be cut and rims given/thrown away) then why not just price them as that and stick in the advert what they can be built up to.

It does seem ridiculous, but not many people are in the market for 26″ wheels compared to 27.5 or 29 etc. Also the older rims tend to be narrower than the current ones, and possibly not tubeless ready. If buyers only want the hubs then paying postage on parts you don’t need puts people off. Plus it is far easier to package and post a pair of hubs rather than complete wheels.

That said, I still currently roll on 26″ rims, as do many on here. So there is still a market for them.

milky1980
    Free Member

Had the same problem here a few weeks ago, couldn’t sell a pair of 26″ 819’s on Evo hubs locally. Ended up cutting the hubs out and sold the front on here, keeping the rear as one of my bikes has developed a rumbly sound when freewheeling and the hub bearings are a stupid ‘special’ size. Couldn’t even give away the rims!!!

Simon

@milky1980 I bought your front hub, put it way somewhere and now I can’t find it! 😳

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Your at the bottom of the depreciation curve. They are outdated but not yet retro.

So either hold onto them for few years; although I don’t see them appreciating in the way some older and therefore rare hope hubs have e.g. original ti glides with 5 bolt spiders, or cut em out and flog them.

Murray

Keeping my Crests on Pro2s for when my daughters get a bit bigger!

milky1980
    Free Member

@milky1980 I bought your front hub, put it way somewhere and now I can’t find it! 😳

😆

Done that too, usually with bulk-buys of brake pads. Recently found a load of Juicy 3 pads, they’ve moved house twice since getting rid of that bike!

Simon

I’ve no doubt it’ll turn up….when I don’t need it 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Those wheels are good for me, 26 and tubes. Quite right though that full wheel postage is a bore

molgrips
    Free Member

I have Hope 26″ wheels. In theory I’d sell them and buy some more used hubs to build 29er wheels on, but it’d be much cheaper to just reuse the hubs and bin the rest.

twonks

On the back of this thread, I thought I’d find some bargain tastic wheels to build up an old frame, however 26″ hope wheels are either 200 quid or 60 and battered to hell.

So where are all these cheap wheels? Ha.

teethgrinder

That’s what I want to know, too!

Fancy some Pro4 on Flow in 26″, but looking at £400. Hope Tech Enduro more reasonable but no wider than the Mk1 Flows I currently have. 35W don’t comein 26″, and I don’t want to have to spunk £70 on a pair of new tyres as well.

Seen Flow Mk3 for about £55each,but spokes are going to add £40-60 to the bill.

ARSE!

eviljoe
    Free Member

If anyone has a rear hope hub (pro 2 or xc whatever) they want to sell me drop me a line- I am tired of breaking novatec freehubs!

Email in profile..

Cheers Joe

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sell 26" Hope hoops compete, or cut Evo hubs out and sell? …’ is closed to new replies.