Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Selkirk mtb raid- who's in?
  • vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone else is there in a fortnight?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in. Did the marathon last year and thoroughly enjoyed it (even if it was a system sock add I’d not ridden more than 20 flat k all winter). Thought I’d give this a bash this year.

vitusbigwheeler
    Free Member

Good man, 3 of us did a practice ride today 27km and about 750m climb – just about killed me – hoping woken the legs up though. Should be good crack on the day. Looking forward to it

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How goes the training? Mine was largely spent drinking beer this weekend. Oops.

Forecast doesn’t look too exciting either so I guess I’d best dog my decent waterproofs out

Northwind

Very tempted but not sure if the timing works out for me so going to have to call it later in the week. Something a bit different, for me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Something a bit different, for me

Given the amount of not riding I’ve done this year it’ll be very different indeed for me. Fingers crossed my brakes arrive in time now.

br
    Free Member

We did some of the route this evening, dry trails!

Especially amazing as it was snowing on the way up plus all day we’ve had rain/snow/hail.

fergal
    Free Member

supposed to be doing this, anyone know if you end up queing, not sure if the timed stages are worth the hassle, thinking the 50km marathon might be best, b r you do this sort of thing?

fergal
    Free Member

Are the stages the same for both events?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure fergal, I get the impression that some will be different but it’s only an impression.
    There may be some queuing but that’s as likely as not to be the case with both the 50k proper and the raid, though last year the field spread out very well so there wasn’t much waiting around at the top if you didn’t want to. Be interesting to see how it goes.

br
    Free Member

Not this year fergal, but have done it plenty of times (as I’m local enough to be able to ride to the start/finish).

The 50km route is a cracking one, with a bit of everything including long descents and a bit of tech. Plus a full closed-roads start from the centre of Selkirk.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How did you go? Felt (and timed) much harder than last year but a good day for me

pigyn
    Free Member

It was loads of fun! As expected the speed difference between peope being timed on the downs and the standard marathoners was quite high.

The bowhill stage 2 was ace, never ridden that before, and the singletrack along the river after it. All good funtimes.

bigjim

And who won pigyn?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk mtb raid- who's in?’ is closed to new replies.