Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Selkirk MTB Marathon role call
  • stooo
    Free Member

Hi folks – so, Selkirk MTB Marathon tomorrow… weather looks more favourable than it did a few days ago.

I’m down for the 75km, and will hopefully be riding my new Ritchey P29er, if I can get it built today.

Who’s in?

jonba
    Free Member

Doing the national champs. It has been very wet up there recently and still looks chilly. Not sure on kit yet – I imagine I’ll be taking a lot and deciding in the morning.

I’ll be on a 29er Parkwood. Looking for 4h30m but it has been a while since I’ve done a mtb endurance race – maybe the Selkirk back in 2013 – spent most of last year road and cross racing.

thv3
    Free Member

Signed up for the 50k, more to compare my fitness against this time last year than too avoid the 75km option. Will definitely be doing the 75km next year though.

Looking forward to it, hoping this sunshine and breeze will dry it out a bit from the rain and snow we’ve had over the last few days.

Will be on my Fireline, its been cleaned, lubed, and is ready for tomorrow. Almost seems a shame, feel like I spent the next couple of weeks after last year trying to get rid of the muck which seemed to have penetrated every moving part there was!

stooo
    Free Member

Well…. That was a course that had equal amounts of brutality, awesomeness bringing on a comparable range of emotions.

Great day. Just over 7hours for the 75km for me… It’s a bout completing, not competing

jordie
    Free Member

Stooo I think we was riding around you at Inners we passed and you passed us well there was somebody on a P-29..lol. We was in a bunch of 4 with Angus Bike Chain tops on. Good day out and the weather was pretty good which made the course good to ride not much mud or boggy section.

jonba
    Free Member

It is a great, tough track. Not seen any results yet. I finished just in front of the women’s winner in 4h30.

Weather turned out ok which I think helps.

thv3
    Free Member

Aye, always tougher than I remembered but a great day out never the less.

3hrs 44min for the 50km, and managed to get a bonus prize for the muckiest rider in (at that point) when I handed my dibber in 😀

stooo
    Free Member

Jordie … Yep, that’ll be me. I believe there was some disappointment that, being an inners resident, my missus wasn’t at the bottom of the hill with the chilled beers…

Words have been had, don’t worry. We’re sorted for next year,

jordie
    Free Member

Lol… okay thats us sorted for next year.

stooo
    Free Member

If the sun is out, I’ll see if I can arrange a BBQ… A burger would have gone down extremely well at that point 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Selkirk MTB Marathon role call’ is closed to new replies.