Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Selfish people bring out the worst in me
  • Pook

When we got the big dump of snow the other day I figured it might help my neighbours, both in their 70s, if I were to clear the path from our yard, and then down the pavement to the main road. It took a couple of hours, but I got the whole length of the pavement from our house, some 200yds, cleared and gritted before breakfast.

Anyway, today, the road finally started clearing, so I dug across from the path to the road so that people could get up the path and on to the road on gritted surfaces.

I’ve just been out to find that some selfish sod has dug his/her car out, completely blocking the cleared paths I’ve put in.

Did I

a) dig out the paths again and block his car back in
    b) dig out the paths again and dump the mucky snow on his car
    c) dig out the paths again and dump the mucky snow next to his car door so he can’t get in easily
    d) dig out the paths again and dump the snow elsewhere, then come and rant on here

?

It’s petty, but it’s really wound me up

Grimy
    Free Member

C 😈

Liftman

I here you, this weather seems to have turned a lot of people into selfish air heads.

Pick option a,b or c but not d

RealMan
    Free Member

e) hit his car repeatedly with the shovel

Oggles
    Free Member

Take his wheels off, stand it on bricks, and disguise the fact they are missing with said snow.

nbt

C.

well done, son.

Pook

He’s been buried back in the snow from whence he came. Well, his door has. Hopefully the icy bits might scratch.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Clear the snow.

Revenge is a dish best served cold (but not in snow/ice form).

If you REALLY feel agrieved about it, wait a week or three, then do what you think will give him the same inconvenience, but don’t break the law.

My guess is that you will reflect on the situation when you have calmed down and realise you have the moral high ground by not responding to him.

You might also ask him to clear his snow more considerately next time.

allthepies
    Free Member

Make the snow at shoe level yellow!

project
    Free Member

Pook ever see a woman with a spade, 🙂

apiece of timber with some nails in it burieddropped by accident under the snow pile.

Snow rammed up the exhaust pipe, snow gets everywhere,

BobaFatt
    Free Member

So far today I’ve been blocked into a space by a BMW driver, been cut up by 4 range rover drivers driving far too fast in the snowy/icy roads and had to wait ten minutes in my street for “visitors” having a Mexican stand-off between their 4×4’s and neither could decide who was going to move first……had to get out my car and tell them what to do otherwise I’d still be sitting out there.

All that and I heard from my neighbour that there was a 2 mile queue into the local Asda/Shopping centre as the Apocalypse starts tomorrow apparently

So yes, people have turned into right ****

Drac

Wee in his snow socks.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

In our cul-de-sac we have a care home, for some reason previously unbeknown to me the rest of my neighbours have an intense dislike for the people that work at this care home. I now have an inkling as to why they do so. Earlier this week there were around 20 of the residents of the street got out and dug all the snow away so that we could all get to work. We even went as far as digging parking spaces for the people that work at the care home. Since then the nice people that work in that place have parked their cars in such a way that none of the rest of us can get out and are refusing to move them. Nice people.

sturmey
    Free Member

The moral high ground only works if both parties have morals. To me that is just plain ignorant do what you like they seem to need a good shake up.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Same in my cul-de-sac. I broke down half way up the hill in the snow the other day. People looking out their windows and not one came out to push my car with me. Had to dump it and get the missus out to help whilst I pushed.

Later in the day one of the aformentioned neighbours came up our road struggling in his Audi. Me being the good samaritan dropped my bags of shopping and offered with a gesture to push. His look was of absolute horror. It was a badge of honour to him that he had to get to the top of the hill in his quattro. I just smiled and carried on with my kids in tow.

Thats life. You just have to laugh.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

we are all different, some people seem like complete cocks who don’t give a crap about anyone else and must go through life terribly unhappy due to the masses of self centered venom pumping around their system. You can’t change people though, so u either get very wound up, or just leave them to it.

on a side note about the snow, I find it amazing the number of people in 4x4s that get themselves in trouble becuase they seem to think they can drive as if the snow does not exist because the car is 4 wheel drive.

jordie
    Free Member

stick a load of snow in the freezer a wait until it goes away from the ground. Then dump the snow from the freezer all over the car.

singletrackmind

Worked all day on Thur when we had the snow darn sarf. Bloke opposite has a 10 meter by 5 meter drive , he had dug 4″ of snow off it , and brushed it clean. There was not a flake on it by the time i got home. Took him nearly 2 hours, according to my neighbour. Didnt touch the pavement.
    It was dark by the time i got in , but the fist thing i did was dig out and grit approx 50 meters of pavement either side of my place, then started on the drive.
    Its retirement central down here , so loads of oldies to fall over.
    Friday afternoon I hear some car doors slaming outside and see traffic backing up. The guys wife who is about 50 fell over on the ice and a couple of cars stopped to see if she was Ok.
    Oh the irony , Alanis Morisette might even have got it.

Nearly had a fight with a french lad who dug all the snow from his car infront of mine in a ski resort. The problem went away when my 3 mates all came out and moved all the snow he had just dug, and all the snow from in front of my car back infront/ over his car.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Selfish people bring out the worst in me’ is closed to new replies.