Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • self sevice forks
  • sausagefingers
    Free Member

bearing in mind that i am a ham fisted buffon,should i be considering sevicing my rock shox revelations myself.i’ve read a lot of people saying how easy they are to do and mine definately need doing.my eagerness far outstrips my ability and i usually find that once i’ve got everything taken apart i’m clueless at putting it back together,hence a recent trip to smarty’s man cave after i mashed up an effort at taking my cranks off 😳
    so,should i just jump in and have a go?after all,what’s the worst that could happen?
    cheers

jam-bo

It is simple, but If you can’t take a set of cranks off, I wouldn’t try opening a set of forks up.

LapSteel
    Free Member

If you really do have sausages for fingers i would take the forks to the lbs

carbon337
    Free Member

I’ve got black pudding fingers and have fully serviced my Lyriks. Rock shox forks are easy.

shredder
    Free Member

Did mine as well at the beginning of the week spent some time reading the various guides on the web. Bought the few bits and bobs to do it and went for it. Very easy now ive done it including changing the travel within my Reba’s.

Well worth learning

LoCo
    Free Member

Read the guides, good quality oil and grease and new seals and it’ll be fine 😀

http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/rockshox/dealers/TM_MY10.pdf

earlier and later year tech docs. are also available on the RS site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘self sevice forks’ is closed to new replies.