Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Self justified upgrades…
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

I have shimano 5700 10spd groupset on my tripster. The chain needs replacing. Cassette maybe. Upgraditis is slowly gnawing at my consumerist conscious.

10% bc discount at crc, sell unnecessary brake callipers, sell current groupset.
    So leaves me with a whole new group set for £120ish. Have I convinced you / me?

breadcrumb

Sounds reasonable, the other bits will need changing at some point- may as well do it now. It may even save money in the long run.

Will that do?

aracer
    Free Member

I reckon you need a new bike.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I reckon you need a new bike

If there was room id have bought a 2nd hand frame to throw the outgoing parts on. Suppose its about time to build a bigger shed…

Poopscoop

Yeah, do it. Nearer Christmas you will be skint and so will buyers of your old groupset.**

** I shouldn’t generalise, I mean **I** will be skint for sure!

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that he 11-speed groupsets are £30 cheaper. So you should buy a new set of wheels, right?

wiggles
    Free Member

Try working in a bike shop, having constant new stuff on the shelves and spending all day looking/talking about how good it is. Most of my wages never leave the shop…

garlic
    Free Member

Ultegra 6800 is a thing of joy. Best groupo I’ve owned on any bike ever (25 years). Do it.

MoreCashThanDash

In the summer I got an unexpected inheritance from my aunt.

My Cotic Soul now weighs 24lbs……

RIP Auntie Doreen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Self justified upgrades…’ is closed to new replies.