Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Self employed – liability and indemnity insurance
  • nickjb
    Free Member

I’m just starting up going it alone. I’ll be designing stuff then installing it on-site in buildings with public access. I’m thinking I’ll need public liability insurance for working on-site and professional indemnity to cover something going wrong with the things I’m installing. Does that sound about right? Anything I’m missing? Any idea of costs or recommendations?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Public liability will be cheap as chips. Indemnity will be pricey. Though, to be fair, it sounds like you might need it. I’m with Direct Line for PL but quotes were much of a muchness when I was last checking.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Directline here too, £150 a year, 2 trades listed inc application of heat plus 5k tool cover

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bazzer
    Free Member

I am with Hiscox its £47 a month and is indemnity, liability and employee (I am the only employee but legally I think I still need it)

I had specific requirements placed on my by a client, so you might get it cheaper than this.

nickjb
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I don’t think I’d need employers liability from reading this: http://www.hse.gov.uk/simple-health-safety/get.htm but I shall do some more reading.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

what you need is a quality broker, who will listen to your needs and get you the best deals…and make sure you have the right thing…

You don’t need to be worrying about that sort of stuff you need to worry about your business….

By the way……..I’m one of those brokers…..so if you need anything just give me a shout.

Matt

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I use Henderson (hiscox) for rope access insurance and indemnity. Can’t fault them.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Self employed – liability and indemnity insurance’ is closed to new replies.