Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Self definition: Who are You?
  • BruceWee

I’m a true Legend in My Own Mind

geetee1972
    Free Member

I am cowboy, looking for anything heavy

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Dogsbody, taxi driver, funding expert, enforced workaholic, dog walker,

Avocado
    Free Member

A man that is borne of a woman has but a very short time to live,
    He comes up like a foresail top-mast, and down like a small flying jib.

I might not be a foresail topmast, but I’m certainly no small flying jib.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sounds like an idylic lifestyle! Ages 2 and 3.5 yrs is a good time with kids. They are cute and relatively easy to manage. As they will quickly grow up this time will pass. You will suddenly realise that golden time is gone and you will be left with demanding, but non-communicative teenagers who have a spectacular ability to empty your wallet (but I wouldn’t have it any other way :wink:)

Enjoy it why it lasts.

Live for the day!

Moses

Can you see the real me? Can you? Can you?

I am the sea.

I am the heather moorland.

😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I am an idiot.

TheSanityAssassin

I’m the organ grinder, not the monkey.

Trimix
    Free Member

Cut me in half and im full of bikes, motorbikes and diving. I need to be outside to be happy. I need to be almost scared to be excited. I dont like to follow.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Hmm, inertesting one…

I believe I am defined, to some extent, by the people around me. Who I am, to them. The people close to me are a pretty varied bunch, from all sorts of walks of life. But all are genuinely decent, honest, caring people. Patience and a sense of humour are probbly handy qualities to have around me, tbh.

So, I spose I’m shaped and influenced by them, as others are, by me.

I think the key is, to see yourself as you would like to have others see you. and to continually strive to be the sort of person they can love, and feel happy around. Pretty much an on-going process of constant adjustment and evolution, I’d say. And you’ll never get it ‘right’, you can only hope to eliminate most of the negative issues, and concentrate on enhancing the positive ones.

Overall, I’d define myself as a ‘happy’ person, if I’m forced to use just one word.

I spose overall, I’m more of a ‘thinker’ than a ‘do-er’. If more people did what I think, then maybe my own little world would be more perfect.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i could re-fit the batteries if:

A) I knew the thermostat had batteries
    B) I knew he’d taken them

And I wouldn’t need to if he wasn’t so much of a tight fisted fuc* as to take the batteries out in the fist place, just to save on the gas bill (which it doesn’t as once we found the batteries were missing we just turned the heating on until the house was warm again).

DezB
    Free Member

In the past people defined themselves by the musical trend (for want of a better word) or fashion they followed
    I’m a punk
    I’m a teddyboy
    I’m a mod

Don’t get that anymore do you. I wonder if there ever will be a genre to define yourself by again.

I’m a leftfieldraphiphopelectrodubstepindieexperimentalpunk btw.

Avocado
    Free Member

[white noise]

Hmm, inertesting one…

I believe I am defined, to some extent, by the people around me. Who I am, to them. The people close to me are a pretty varied bunch, from all sorts of walks of life. But all are genuinely decent, honest, caring people. Patience and a sense of humour are probbly handy qualities to have around me, tbh.

So, I spose I’m shaped and influenced by them, as others are, by me.

I think the key is, to see yourself as you would like to have others see you. and to continually strive to be the sort of person they can love, and feel happy around. Pretty much an on-going process of constant adjustment and evolution, I’d say. And you’ll never get it ‘right’, you can only hope to eliminate most of the negative issues, and concentrate on enhancing the positive ones.

Overall, I’d define myself as a ‘happy’ person, if I’m forced to use just one word.

I spose overall, I’m more of a ‘thinker’ than a ‘do-er’. If more people did what I think, then maybe my own little world would be more perfect.

[/white noise]

🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

I am very fortunate.

Best not to stop and wallow in the “who am I?” question too much. That way lies relgious nuttiness.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Best not to stop and wallow in the “who am I?” question too much.

Too frightening for you to contemplate, Stoner?

Avocado; I notice you have nowt inertesting to say yourself, but I don’t mind you quoting me, if it makes you feel better.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

I’m Spartacus

flippinheckler
    Free Member

No Im Spartacus!

Stoner
    Free Member

Not at all.

I meant philosophically for anyone. An intense introspection is rarely a good thing IMO.

miketually
    Free Member

Did you know that they took the definition of miketually out of the dictionary?

molgrips
    Free Member

Best not to stop and wallow in the “who am I?” question too much. That way lies relgious nuttiness.

No, not at all. That way lies understanding 🙂 If you work at it enough, that is.

RepacK
    Free Member

I am the Walrus..

aviemoron
    Free Member

I am a dad, a husband, a provider, a self employed worker and a bike rider – in that order. Not so long ago I was a selfish, self centred bike rider. I am a better person.

chopperT
    Free Member

Plenty of folks seem to have a concise self definition, well done.

RudeBoy seems to understand the question well, thinking indeed.

Stoner, quite right, religious nuttiness to be avoided.

I used to like to tell myself that there was “an army of me”.

zaskar
    Free Member

I’m the 😈

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

im 17 and dont know who i am unless im either in mountains or killing myself physically. i suppose i dont know who i am especially due to recent events. im working towords joining the royal marines next year and trying to make something of my life rather than joining the wasters that seem to surround me.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

No, I’m spartacus

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Im not a number, Im a free man (but dont tell the gf)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Usually, I’m a father, a husband and a son. What I do a living, how I spend my spare time and who I’d like to sh@g is irrelevant. What matters is my family, their well-being, their future. And their present.
    I ride a pushbike, I fiddle and play with it, I spend my savings on it.
    I ride a motorcycle at times. I will get better but won’t take any chances.
    I drive a car. A lot, rarely alone, usually with my girls or friends. So they can be comfortable.
    I love being active and find sitting patiently very hard. But my sprog is ill at the moment, poor little one. Suddnely everything takes a back seat, nothing matters, just the little girl. When she recovers completely I’ll take har to the sea, for now though I am just a dad. And nothing more.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Hope your sprogess is better soon Hairychested!
    Nothing else matters when your kids are ill.

alwyn
    Free Member

I AM SPARTA!

lister

i’m lister

i have a sister

but i’ve never kissed her (contrary to the rumour in primary school)

ps I’ve also been a stay at home dad and am now back at work: QUIT YER WHINGIN’!!! 😉 best year of my life…i’m really not someone who needs to work to ‘define me’, bringing me boy up for a bit gave me everything I needed…shame I can’t do it again really, now we’ve got 2…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am a collection of atoms and molecules which have temporarily come together**

“for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return”

**And are having a bit of a party 8)

metalheart
    Free Member

I was so wasted I was a hippie I was a burnout I was a dropout I was out of my head I was a surfer I had a skateboard I was so heavy man, I lived on the strand I was so wasted I was so fcuked up I was so messed up I was so screwed up I was out of my head I was so jacked up I was so drunk up I was so knocked out, I was out of my head I was so wasted I was waste

loddrik
    Free Member

F*ck me, black flag lyrics (though if I am honest I thought it was the Circle Jerks at first)

dr_death
    Free Member

I am the resurrection, and I am the light…..

Merak

I try to be a better person every day. :mrgreen:

aracer
    Free Member

Until a year or so ago, I defined myself by the sport I did, and the races I won. I have always lived to work rather than the other way round (do many on here live to work? the only obvious possibility I can think of is WCA). Am now gradually turning into sporty daddy.

Not sure how well I’d cope with being a full time parent – right now it’s only 1 day a week (plus weekends!), and whilst 2 days a week would be better, I’m not quite sure about 5. However it could be a huge amount worse – plenty of groups you can join, places to hang out and meet other adults, even if they’re also just parents. I find it possible to strike up a conversation with total strangers (women!) at the playground, as a bloke with a little child is totally non-threatening. It might not be very much like flirting, but I still enjoy just interacting with the opposite sex. If you go to something like Tumble Tots (don’t know if they have that over there), or a music group, you’ll doubtless get lots of attention as the only male IME!

mike_check
    Free Member

I’m someone that can’t answer this question for many reasons, mainly based around my own self definition, compared to others, compared to my own, leading to an infinte loop that encapsulates almost everything.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I’m a joker
    I’m a smoker
    I’m a midnight toker
    I sure don’t want to hurt no one

seven
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Self definition: Who are You?’ is closed to new replies.