Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Self congratulory mechanical thread!
  • Notter
    Free Member

I have today, for the first time ever, actually properly set up front and rear derailleurs on my Dialled PA that has been out of action due to knackered shifters. The last time I tried this was a complete balls up on my part, resorting to the LBS to sort it out. I finally seem to have the method in my head now (with the help of Zinn!)

What have you cracked, mechanically speaking, recently?

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Servicing C&C hubs. I was always put off by what seemed like a lengthy process with lots of fiddly bits. Turned out fine and I didn’t lose any ball bearings or catch fire.

cookeaa

Very brave admitting to ever being even vaguely mechanically inept on Expert-track-world… Well done chaps.

Notter
    Free Member

Better that than admitting riding ineptitude…. Of which I have none of course, I am the awesomz on the trails! 😉

Sandwich

Finally got my Campag gears to index properly two weeks ago. Then promptly replaced the whole lot with new as it was worn out.

Notter
    Free Member

Then you know what to do with the new setup then Sandwich! 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Recently re-cabled an internally routed bike for the first time (a mates Giant Propel).

Used a magnet to guide the inner wire through the chain stay and out the exit hole 8) . So those 7 years at uni weren’t wasted after all…

Very brave admitting to ever being even vaguely mechanically inept on Expert-track-world… Well done chaps.

There’s a separate thread for that
    this is for redemptive back slapping!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

archaic computer techfart double post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Self congratulory mechanical thread!’ is closed to new replies.