Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Self Catering for 2 people – nice bike routes
  • bagpuss72
    Free Member

Looking on some self catering places webites for me ‘n’ Binners for end of May and they seem to want around £500/£600 for cottages for a week 😯 in this country which is steep to say the least for one bedroom places.

Can anyone recommend any good websites for self catering cottages, pref Lakes or Mid Wales area but open to suggestions.

Or does anyone have any contacts with places they have stayed before. We want to take the bikes and do some easy rides (well easy for him hard for me) but then have enough other stuff around to do on the other days

Ta!

gusamc
    Free Member

try ebay (honest) and as a probably OT what about campsites with wigwams

what about Devon (Exmoor, Tarka Trail, beaches, surfing) I stay at Ruda, Croyde, and love it (however that’s as I’m there to surf but Exmoor is not that far)

Barmouth (N Wales) (beach, Myfannd (spelling) estauary – railway track awesome scenery, Harlech castle, coastal rail trip, Portmeirion, Coed Y and local routes) – deffo on ebay

derek_starship
    Free Member

I can only assume Binners is on Bagpuss’s PC!!!!

or……..is Bagpuss Mrs. Binners?

The plot thickens.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Yes. I is Mrs Binners 😀 what can I say I likes ’em big n daft with baldy bonces I thought you knew chuck?

gusamc – Member

try ebay (honest) and as a probably OT what about campsites with wigwams

I never thought about Ebay I’ll have a look thanks for all those suggestions

derek_starship
    Free Member

*goes quiet over there*

Only kiddin’. Chuffed for you both. You playing out on Saturday?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

I’m working from half 9 till half 4 so no but I’ll be in the pub after that if anyone’s still around. You are more than welcome to stop if you want beers after not sure if he’s offered that to anyone but its cool with me

Kit
    Free Member

bagpuss – my Dad has a holiday cottage which he lets out, ostensibly for fisherman (it’s next to a river he has fishing rights to), but he’ll take whoever wants to stay 🙂 It’s a little, er, basic and sleeps up to 6 and I think is about £350 a week, maybe more now.

The cottage is in Dumfries & Galloway, about 5 miles southwest of Lockerbie. You can get to the 7Stanes of Mabie and Dalbeattie in 30-45mins, Drumlanrig in 45mins, Kirroughtree in 1hr, and Keswick in 45mins tops.

No idea if he is already booked up in May, but drop me an email and I’ll pass on his email/phone number for enquiries if you’re interested.

Kit

dti

If you email me at dt@gtpa.co.uk I may have the very thing you have in mind.

We run this place http://www.beudybanc@yahoo.co.uk and are in the process of building a 1 bed unit on the farm to cater for couples.

details of the rides below.

http://www.dyfimountainbiking.org.uk/Dyfi_MTB/Welcome.html

Dafydd

Junkyard
    Free Member

what can I say I likes ’em big n daft with baldy bonces

Careful now Hora thinks he is in with a shout now 😉

bagpuss72
    Free Member

dti – that looks PERFECT I’ll email you now
    Thanks!

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Thanks for that Kit lovely round there too but the place is a bit big for the two of us going to see what I can get a little cheaper first – but thanks

hora
    Free Member

Debs, Why not look at hiring a bunkhouse? Some of them are actually quite nice and a cheeky way to get into a ‘cottage’ without the costs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Self Catering for 2 people – nice bike routes’ is closed to new replies.