Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Self-balancing electric unicycle anyone?
  • Tracker1972
    Free Member

Excellent! I shall be requesting one to use at school for my break duties, effortless travel and improved view. No breadwinner really 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1st to call “artist impression” of use or just photoshop

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

The Ryno motorcycle looks much cooler though, late for work but search youtube for it 🙂

There are also some vids of the ES Way but it must be harder to ride than they admit as in all the clips of it in use theu have fitted the stabiliser wheels and it seems to be relying on them rather than balancing!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Been around for a while :

http://www.theairwheel.com/

was thinking of trying one – you can hire them for £45 a day :

http://www.theairwheel.com/hire/

I was wondering whether they might be a viable alternative to my Birdy folding bike for getting to work, but their range isn’t enough to get me home if there is a train meltdown, whereas I could cycle the Birdy.

phiiiiil

I’ve wanted one of those for ages, I think they’re ace! Like walking but much faster, with the advantage over a bike that once you get where you’re going you can carry it around and store it in a corner because it’s tiny.

We’ve seen a couple of people zooming about on them in Singapore, it’s perfect there as you can’t take bikes on the subway but those things are fine.

Some types are really expensive, but others are almost cheap enough that I worry about a big box arriving in the post a few days after a boozy evening in…

GeForceJunky

I have visions of pole holes, followed by very fast running, followed by a faceplant!

aracer
    Free Member

They’re not all that fast, GFJ (I’d take the claims of top speed with a pinch of salt) – I’ve run off the front of my uni when going faster than their realistic top speed often enough. Anyway, you can surely avoid the potholes?

phiiiiil – you might also appreciate the new invention from a chap who claims to have invented that. Similar speed and size to the electric one, but lighter and unlimited range:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687658339/lunicycle-the-unicycle-for-everyone
    (claimed to be suitable for all, but I’m dubious)
    Discussion at http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116605

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

12mph limit for anything that is likely to remain legal.

one review said that even though it mentions being waterproof and riding uneven ground, the manual says not to…

zilog6128

Saw a kid tearing up and down the High St on one of these a couple of weeks ago! Looked like great fun; pretty fast and very maneoverable.

bencooper
    Free Member

12mph limit for anything that is likely to remain legal.

Not in the UK – illegal for pavement use, on the road it’s a moped so you need helmet, insurance, road tax, license.

In civilised places like Germany there are special categories for such things – I’ve seen Segways with little license plates – but in the UK it’s taking a risk.

shermer75
    Free Member

Seen a guy on one of these in Tooting. My heart actually sank a bit because a) the pavement was crowded and b) we don’t need to make our lives any more sedentary than they already are!

uniman
    Free Member

I ride the Ninebot ONE from Speedy Feet for those that have not seen it: Speedy Feet Ninebot ONE

I saw an article talking about TNT using them to deliver mail in Birmingham, London and other areas – trial basis! Should be interesting!

ndthornton
    Free Member

Looks like we will need another new Strava category

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Self-balancing electric unicycle anyone?’ is closed to new replies.