• This topic has 46 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Self-Assessment
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

True. Much as I hate the moment when my accountant tells me I owe the taxman more, in reality it means I’ve done better. Not that I had much to pay from 2008-2012…four pretty crap years in my game. 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Right then, come on Roll Of Shame…who’s not done it yet? 😀

tonyg2003

Did mine with the accountant in December. Very happy to let him do it since getting paid in the US and UK is damn complicated.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tthew

Did it ages ago, but seeing this has reminded me that I owe a few quid which I’ve not paid, (not had a reminder or anything though).

Does the Jan 31st deadline apply to payment too?

maccruiskeen

I submitted mine in plenty of time but my plan to only actually pay at the last minute was somewhat foiled by my not appreciating I was actually due a refund as the calculated bill when I submitted wasn’t taking previous payments on account into , er, account 🙂

never understood why people were happy with a tax refund when it often signifies your payments on account were too much becuase you earned less than the previous year.

Always happier to get money back than pay it out. Its like finding money in the pocket of your winter coat when you put it on after the summer. You know its just your money but its still nice. Although thats tainted by my payments on account now probably being too low for next and this time next year is probably going to smart a bit. I’m regular freelance rather than CIS but my work tends to come in big chunks – probably half of my turn over comes from two or three big undertakings and the biggest ones always seem to fall around march/april and depending on how those chunks fall one side of the other of a year end then all the expenditure is in one return and the income is in another. It doesn’t make either of those years a good or bad one but it means I tend to pendulum between big bills one year and (never quite as) big refunds the next.

maccruiskeen

Does the Jan 31st deadline apply to payment too?

Yes – but as it fell on a weekend I doubt there’d be a problem if you paid today

Yak

Yes, all done and had overpayed on account, so due a refund. So not really good as my earnings have gone down. Also compounded by some emergency waterproofing works needed to my cellar that will swallow up the refund and a few hundred more quid too.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Self-Assessment’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts