Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Self adhesive chain stay covering HELP
  • onandon
    Free Member

Right. I have a nice frame that’s suffered from heel rub, so I want to cover the whole of chainstays.
    (To protect from further damage and to cover the existing)

I hate the Lizardskin ones so do you know of any self adhesive ones that will wrap the whole of the stay?

Needs to be Black – Black copter tape !??!?!!

suggest away.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

self-amalgamating tape?

MrTall
    Free Member

I had one bike where i just used electrical tape. It’s neat, did the job and if and when it gets worn/damaged it’s 50p to replace.

mustard
    Free Member

The ‘loop’ side of sticky backed velcro works very well and muck washes out of it effortlesly and only a couple of quid for a metre of 2 to 3inch wide stuff.

I’ve also used frame wrap on another bike and while it’s good and still looks pretty new after a couple of years abuse, I think I’ll go with velcro in future. It is essentially a thick self amalging tape.

neninja
    Free Member

The Bike Tart frame wrap is simply Self Amalgamating Tape that can be bought on Ebay for a fraction of the cost. Once applied it vulcanises and becomes very tough. I use it on my chainstays.

s4rpf
    Free Member

MrTall – Member
    I had one bike where i just used electrical tape. It’s neat, did the job and if and when it gets worn/damaged it’s 50p to replace.

+1

onandon
    Free Member

thanks guys.
    it’s a bit ‘industrial’ but worth looking at.

uplink
    Free Member

I use self-amalgamating tape,it works well
    Remember to stretch it to twice it’s length as you put it on and do it in the warm somewhere.

One of my mates uses roadie bar tape, which looks good

mustard
    Free Member

frame wrap is simply Self Amalgamating Tape

I thought it might be but wasn’t 100% sure normal self amalgamating tape was as thick – noted for future 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1 for velcro and reduces chain slap noise to boot 🙂

bazookajoe
    Free Member

I opt for an old inner tube and cable ties though might be slightly bulkier than tape.

hambl90
    Free Member

Old innertube or roadie bar tape

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Self adhesive chain stay covering HELP’ is closed to new replies.