Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Self-adhesive cable guides
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

Anybody using them? Are they any good? Do they just fall off?

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Only experince I had was a friend who had a couple for his gravity dropper cable.

Are they any good? No

Do they just fall off? Yes

greeble
    Free Member

No, No, yes!

where do you want to route your cable/hose?

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yes, No and Yes.

Might have been that I used cheapy ones but they were rubbish. I think they would work if you got a good conformity between the shape of the plastic/adhesive and frame tube…. but with todays carbon and hydrophormed goodness that’s going to be pretty tough.

nickc

Make sure the fame is super clean, and heat the pad slightly with a hair dryer to get it tacky and make sure you use a bit of tape to secure it overnight….and it’ll still fall off at the first sign of damp.

Zip ties were invented for this.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i tried some – from CRC,

utter crap.

the adhesive patch on the back would lose in a fight against a second-hand post-it note.

portlyone
    DrP

Odd…

I got the (?) M-part ones from CRC – holding my Reverb cable to the top tube with valour, and no sign of budging…
    I did use brake cleaner on the frame first, and held them in place for about 30 seconds, and left to ‘dry’ for 24hrs though…

DrP

dlr

Used the crc ones for years on a variety of frames, they have never come off, clean frame properly as mentioned above

zippykona

Had some on for years from crc. No problems.

honourablegeorge

Got M-Part ones from CRC, they’ve been on the underside of my top tube, holding my dropper post cable for the best part of two years, zero issues. I did break one by clamping it in a workstand, but that was entirely my fault.

I degreased thoroughly before fitting.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Self-adhesive cable guides’ is closed to new replies.