Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Selective outrage – double standards?
  • grum
    Free Member

I repeatedly make the comparison to show the hypocrisy of those that post from a pro-Palestine/anti-Israel perspective

Nope – it’s just irrelevant whataboutery.

@grum himself said, he holds Israel to a higher standard, I think he holds them to a different standard and that’s my point.

Do ISIS spokesmen get a slot on the news to explain why it’s justified for them to butcher people?

How about you answer the question – don’t you think democratically elected governments should be more accountable than terrorist groups?

Oh, and how come Israel are allowed to take offensive action to ‘protect themselves’ but not Hamas? FTFY.

My stance is simple, Hamas has the right to defend itself against a terrorist lead government intent on it’s destruction which has armed itself with flechette bombs and white phosphorous. Sometimes that defense is going to take the form of offensive action.

hora
    Free Member

It makes me sad and its very depressing. How a nation reacts with bared-teeth and almost is implementing a ‘once and for all’ solution to a problem.

I’ve said this last week, whats the end-game? Decimation, security forces permanently on the ground then Orthodox settlers moving in/building on destroyed Palestinian land.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

@hunrgry_monkey – your “every day” remark is quite interesting as Israel’s have endured 450 rocket attacks from Jan 2014 to July (before the current conflict). I assume you are also aware of how many of the images and video footage has been shown to come from Syria. I am not making light of the loss of life in Gaza but be careful of not being drawn into the propoganda net

Please remember that, as has previously been said in many, many places that before Israels latest strikes, Hamas was actively trying to prevent other islamist groups from firing rockets into Israel.

I’m perfectly aware that there are images which have come from Syria, but if you actually watch the whole video I posted (which I guess for an Israeli apologist is probably a little discomforting) you’ll see the dead body of Rami Rayan, a photojournalist, who was killed by the strikes fired by an illegally occupying force.

The every day comment is entirely justified. Yes, rockets have been fired, every day, into israel. and bar relatively few, they’ve all been stopped by Iron Dome.
    Every day since the conflict started Israel has shelled, bombed and shot at Palestinians.
    So how am I being drawn into the propaganda net by saying that? it’s a fact.

have you watched the video btw? it’s pretty unpleasant, but I’d like to know what you think about it?

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Selective outrage – double standards?’ is closed to new replies.