Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Select Calls – Con or Not
  • NJA

Just been called by a company called Select Calls, offering very attractive prices for my business fixed line calls.

On the basis that they seem too good to be true, and that they got through my admin staff ‘firewall’ (I don’t normally take cold calls) by appearing to be from BT Openworld I just thought I would ask if anyone else has experience of this company.

Cougar

Two things,

1) Con or not, the first google hit for ‘select calls’ returns this thread on MSE which doesn’t paint them in a great light.

2) Con or not, do you want to do business with cold-callers who misrepresent themselves in order to talk to you?

Give ’em a wide berth, would be my advice.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cold callers – send ’em packing

Cougar

Googling ‘Advantage Telecom’ gives us another MSE thread.

… offering very attractive prices for my business

Seems the ‘scam’ here is that they offer very attractive rates for the first year of a five year contract, then ramp the prices right up (sorry, “reduce your discount”) for the other four. Oh, and lumber you with a big fat cancellation fee of several hundred pounds if you change your mind.

sobriety
    Free Member

The last time they called here, I told them that we didn’t have any phones, then when they asked how we were talking, I told them that the really important question was ‘Are you a voice in my head, or am I a voice in yours?’

They haven’t called back…

bigyinn
    Free Member

NJA if you want an honest and competitive quote for your telecomms, drop me a mail
    *MODs if this is unacceptable please delete my post.*
    Paul

NJA

Can’t believe I fell for it, cancellation duly despatched via e-mail and recorded delivery.

Hides shamefaced in corner of office for rest of afternoon.

Cougar

The trick there is asking for opinion before signing up.

If I had a pound for every time I’ve heard “I’ve just bought this, is it any good?” I’d have a few pounds.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Select Calls – Con or Not’ is closed to new replies.