Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sektors vs revelations
  • wors

Only difference i can see is solo air vs dual air. Does it make a big difference?

retro83
    Free Member

dual air is more tuneable, but solo is still really good. I’d be more concerned about the damper, TurnKey IMVHO is utter carp

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I thought the Sektors were coil? Coil > air in my humble opinion. I also love U-Turn.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

@Paul: Sektors come in both flavours.

@Retro: They have the MoCo damper. Only the OE version comes with TK.

wors

Whats moco damper?

retro83
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

@Retro
    : They have the MoCo damper. Only the OE version comes with TK.

Sektor R has some kind of rebound only damper, and the TK has TurnKey. Only the RL has MoCo.
    What makes you think that the TK is only OEM? Haven’t seen that in any of the previews I’ve looked at.

Jamie
    Free Member

What makes you think that the TK is only OEM?

If you follow your own link it says:

“***Not available as an aftermarket product”

So I assumed it means only available as OE. I am more than happy to be both wrong (quite possible) and/or corrected tho.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The 150 coil u turns i have in front of me difinitely have Motion Control.

BadlyWiredDog

2011 Revelations (and the 2010 Team models) have a more sophisticated rebound damper – Dual Flow – which means – as I understand it – they have two rebound circuits, one for high speed and one for low speed. Means they can cope better with repeated high speed impacts, fast rocky descents for example, without the rebound choking and not being able to flow enough oil so the fork packs down.

I have a set of Coil U-Turn Sektors on a Blue Pig and they definitely have Motion Control, though no Floodgate adjustment. I know it’s MoCo because I tool the top-cap off and had a look at the internals.

I’ve used Solo Air on a Recon and it was fine, though arguably not as tuneable as Dual Air, it’s also easier to set up with just one adjustable chamber.

retro83
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    If you follow your own link it says:

“***Not available as an aftermarket product”

So I assumed it means only available as OE. I am more than happy to be both wrong (quite possible) and/or corrected tho.

Clearly the rumours are true, and it does indeed make you go blind 😯 😆 I bow to your superior reading comprehension!

Reason I thought they were not is that I’d seen them for sale in a couple of places when I was looking for a pair, plus the aforementioned previews. Obviously just OE ones being flogged.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sektors vs revelations’ is closed to new replies.