Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sektor TK 26" Solo Air – Can the travel be increased?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Looking at some bargainous forks

Sektor TK 26″ Solo Air 130 Tapered but would like them at 140, can they be lengthened or is it a new airspring job? (if so what would one set you back?)

Cheers

jairaj

New air spring is needed. I think they cost around £40 or £50.

dingleberry
    Free Member

When I looked at this, it was just a case of adding/removing spacers to adjust the travel… I could be wrong though, never actually got round to doing it.

Mine are also up for sale atm… 😀

ads678

I’ve adjusted travel in solo air Recons and Toras by just adding spacers to reduce travel or removing the spacers to increase travel. Can’t see TK Sektors being any fancier than Recons inside.

If you buy them and you can’t, I take no responsibility though!!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Two wobbly yesses and an assertive no. Mmmm. Google’s a bit inconclusive n’all. Have i got my punting boots on?

ads678

https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/VasMorzXGI42X3l0LoLwnDoCH41Uc7cGBBhpnUtUzn4/mtime:1372788146/sites/default/files/techdocs/2011-sektor-technical-manual.pdf

It’s the all travel spacer, p17, that you either add or remove to change the travel. I think they’re the same as the recons.

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve got those forks and it looks on the SRAM manual that it’s a spacer jobby not a new airspring.
    Not done owt about it, but wanted to know as i was thinking of getting a new frame and running at 140 or 150mm

jairaj

A guy at SRAM tech told me the solo air springs cannot be travel adjusted. He said they don’t use the travel spacers in the solo air like they did with the dual air spring.

But that manual clearly states you add or remove the spacers to change travel.

Maybe the guy at SRAM tech was mistaken?

ads678

I have definitely lowered the travel on two sets of solo air forks. I though it was only solo air that had the spacers rather than dual air??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sektor TK 26" Solo Air – Can the travel be increased?’ is closed to new replies.