Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sektor Forks
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Are they OK? Looking at the entry level Camber of Fuel EX for my wife. She’s not hard on kit so I’m happy the components are all good enough for her needs. The only thing is, I seem to recall Sektor forks having chromed stanchions that pitted and rusted easily. Is that still the case or are they OK now?

BadlyWiredDog

They have same stanchions as Revelations and stuff. Or at least mine do. I think you’re maybe confusing them with something cheaper and nastier.

rob8624
    Free Member

I’ve had the Sektor gold 150mm. Good, simple fork. Light years behind a Pike or Fox 36 etc etc though, but for the money you can’t go wrong.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s quite possible BWD.

Perhaps a better question is, are they a decent enough fork for that type of bike?

prawny

My bossnut has shiney stanchions, they’ve been fine whilst I’ve had it, infact one of the few parts that’s been faultless. Only had it since May though, and it’s been in the garage most of the time since then.

deviant
    Free Member

Mine looked just like Revs, coil spring, great fork.

BoardinBob

Yes. I rode them for a while and just sold them. Great on man made stuff but got a wee bit out of control on steeper natural stuff. Looked at upgrading with bits from a a revelation but the air spring side couldn’t take bottomless tokens so just bought a Yari.

gelert
    Free Member

I run SoloAir Sektors at 140mm, 26 inch on my Five. Tapered steerer, 15mm axle. They’re reliable and work very well indeed. You can’t add any tokens to them is my only negative but if you’re not too heavy it’s no problem (I’m 75kg). Small bump is good. Big hits are taken well. Mine have been fully serviced and came out like new.

Been to BPW, I’ve done XC races and a DH race. They ride everything local (North Wales) no problem.

Great forks for the money.

Even showed up my 2013 Fox Factory 34s until I got the FIT4 upgrade + an air volume kit. Now the 34s are superb but in another league cost wise.

thegreatape
    Free Member

She’s only wee, about 50kg or something.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Initially they were very good forks when introduced: combined bits of Revelations and Pikes into an in-betweeny fork that used solid, proven and reliable technology.

Not sure what the current model is like.

BadlyWiredDog

She’s only wee, about 50kg or something.

The problem you might have is spring rate – you might be better off with an air fork. As above, I’ve not used the latest ones, but the originals were a decent all-round fork until you hit a lot of chunder at high speed when the rebound damper tended to get out-faced by the repeated hits. But fine for more sedate stuff ime.

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Trek is a women’s specific model, so I would have thought it was specced with people her size in mind?

EDIT – Solo air spring on the Specialized, also a WS model.

olly2097
    Free Member

I had some solo air sektors and they were awesome.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Splendid

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have some on my BFe, get the job done !

superstu
    Free Member

Have some, solo air that came in a 45650b. Frame since sold but forks kept as they’ve been reliable and decent for two years. Fairly plush, get them set up right and no grumbles from me. My sweeps on my FS are nicer but I think sektors are perfectly decent

fanatic278
    Free Member

I’ve got some. Not a huge fan. But also wasn’t a huge fan of the Revs I had previously. They both suffer from too much ramp up at the end of the stroke. I should have got the next model up that came with Pikes. Saying that, I’ve never tried Pikes so I might also not like those either.

chestrockwell

Mine were bang average. Did an adequate job, nothing more.

BadlyWiredDog

EDIT – Solo air spring on the Specialized, also a WS model.

My mistake. The original Sektors were coil I think, the current ones seem to be solo air.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sektor Forks’ is closed to new replies.